Thread: Premium coilover brands Feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Premium coilover brands Feedback

Im running budget TA technix coilovers for over a year now and ive had no trouble with them. However id like to be able to adjust height VIA a mono tube design as its a superior system and also the damping and rebound especially with the engine conversion im planning so a go fast comfortable more door. I know BC coilovers are popular has anyone else ran another premium brand on their BMW in particular the E36. Im considering brands like MEGAN RACING and FORTUNE (literally) AUTO amongst others. Opinions and feedback appreciated

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Premium coilover brands Feedback

Not premium, but I've had HSDs in two cars now, have to say I really like them. Comfortable enough for daily use (adjustable dampers) and adjustable height. Covered 25k miles on a set in an e46 and that already had 25k+ miles and had no issues, current set has around 3k miles and going great.

Think they are made by Daewoo or Kia, korean anyways.

Only issue I have with them on the e36 is there is no bracket for brake lines etc, had to make one up, but there is a bracket for adjustable droplinks.

Can get them from barry motorsports or driftworks, either monopros or dualtech.

Think monopros are around 1k and the dualtech around 700, had monopros in the e46 I went dualtech in the e36 as I'm never going to track her and is good enough for what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Not premium, but I've had HSDs in two cars now, have to say I really like them. Comfortable enough for daily use (adjustable dampers) and adjustable height. Covered 25k miles on a set in an e46 and that already had 25k+ miles and had no issues, current set has around 3k miles and going great.

Think they are made by Daewoo or Kia, korean anyways.

Only issue I have with them on the e36 is there is no bracket for brake lines etc, had to make one up, but there is a bracket for adjustable droplinks.

Can get them from barry motorsports or driftworks, either monopros or dualtech.

Think monopros are around 1k and the dualtech around 700, had monopros in the e46 I went dualtech in the e36 as I'm never going to track her and is good enough for what I need.
    Which type are you using yourself DualTech or MonoPro?

BMWHaus Guru

had monopros in the e46 I went dualtech in the e36 as I'm never going to track her and is good enough for what I need.

They get really good reviews, good bang for your buck as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    had monopros in the e46 I went dualtech in the e36 as I'm never going to track her and is good enough for what I need.

They get really good reviews, good bang for your buck as well
    Yes the HSD Dual Tech seems like good value for money compared to some other brands, thanks for your feedback

I'm running KW Variant 1 with INOX on my E90. They're just height adjustable as the damping and rebound is preset in the factory but I could never see myself buying budget coilovers again. V2 have adjustable rebound and V3 are fully adjustable whilst the INOX coating protects the everything from corrosion and seizing.