Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inpa, dis grief

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Inpa, dis grief

Long story cut short I hope, let the pics do the talking . I got a cable tried install of it on a laptop running windows 7,vista and now on xp. No matter what I do I cannot get inpa or dis to recognise dme.some communication is accurring but nothing that you can use. I have checked latency, com ports, firewalls ect anybody any thing I could try it's starting to break me at this stage

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Inpa, dis grief

What version of Ediabas & version of INPA are you using?

Why did you change the IP address of the PC?

What version of VMWare are you using? What are your network settings in VMWare?

Where did you get the software?

What cable are you using?

Have your installed the drivers?

Is the cabl set to K or D CAN?

What is the port setting in your ediabas.ini file?
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Contributor

Hi thanks for looking into it for us. I am no expert so forgive me if I don't answer in correct terms
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter
    What version of Ediabas & version of INPA are you using?
    Dis 57 inpa/ncs 3.10 v2
    Why did you change the IP address of the PC?
    You lost me here, is it something I have fix or set
    What version of VMWare are you using? What are your network settings in VMWare?
    Version that came with the disc tried to update but wouldn't work (something to do with xp maybe) says it requires features not present on your cpu
    Where did you get the software?

What cable are you using?
    Usb

Have your installed the drivers?
    Yea as per all instructions on disc

Is the cabl set to K or D CAN?
    How and where do I check this

What is the port setting in your ediabas.ini file?
    I have set every thing to com port one

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

I think vmware requires that your CPU supports virtualisation, perhaps this is the cause of your problems.

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks does that mean the computer or operating system is not suitable. I have ran the computer on both vista and xp both having same errors. Also this shouldn't affect inpa as its a separate programme yet this is also failing. Lastly is there a fix. I have spent a lot of time and it doesn't help being a stubborn. F#k er..cause all herself has seen is the back of a computer an me cursing for the past few days. It's getting to the stage something has to go me or the computer :surprised:

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

The computer unfortunately, though I'm still not sure if this is your problem. @[rebel.ranter] may have more on this.

I tried recently using vmware on my pc to run mac osx but had that virtualisation problem.

It may be that you need to enable virtualisation in the BIOS or simply that the CPU does not support it. What model CPU have you got?

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: Inpa, dis grief

Hi it's an old dell inspiron 6400

I also tried it on a Toshiba and a netbook all gave same issues. I am not very computer litterate so it's probably some missing link ect. I am waiting for a remote session from cable supplier in the mean time just trying to cover all base's

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

Well that CPU should support virtualization , check your bios settings.

BMWHaus Contributor

This is where I get lost. firstly how do I get access and second what should I be looking for and do I change anything.
    Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

When the computer boots up the first screen you see is the bios, it will prompt you to press a button either DEL or F1 or something to enter setup. Go through the available menus and look for virtualisation. If in doubt you can exit without saving changes and try again.