Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inpa, dis grief

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

Thanks for the super quick reply!
    I just read through your old thread on driver and it seems I need the adapter or pin 8 connected.
    I ran that utility and set it to k-can but it times out and reverts back when connected again. I presume it'll save settings once connected to the car?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Inpa, dis grief

To run the utility you need to do it within a minute or two of plugging the lead in to the OBD connector. Running the utility at any other time will not do anything.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

All sorted now, I joined pin 7&8 and now can connect to all modules. Thanks for the help @[rebel.ranter]

Two last questions:

Where in inpa(5.0.1) will I find which of my brake pad sensors is causing the light on my dash?

Also is there a diagnose all modules function? Rather than diagnosing each module at a time.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Inpa, dis grief

Quote Originally Posted by John_D
    All sorted now, I joined pin 7&8 and now can connect to all modules. Thanks for the help @[rebel.ranter]

Two last questions:

Where in inpa(5.0.1) will I find which of my brake pad sensors is causing the light on my dash?

Also is there a diagnose all modules function? Rather than diagnosing each module at a time.
    The light in the dash for the brake pads is a simple sensor, there's no connection to it. To turn it off you have to replace the sensor. (Well technically you could also code out the sensor but that would be pointless!).

There is no "test all modules" function in INPA, you need to use DIS for,that. However by the time you start up DIS, run through a "Quick Test", you would nearly have picked out all the relevant modules for your car. Having said all that I still prefer DIS for diagnostics for the step by step approach to troubleshooting in it.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Inpa, dis grief

Grand thanks for clearing that up.