Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyre Recommendation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Tyre Recommendation Thread

Have not had huge experience with tyres but of the 3 brands I've had on my car (Goodyear Eagle F1, Falken FK452, Uniroyal Rainsport 2) the Rainsports stand out as having phenomenal grip especially in the wet. I believe the Rainsport 2 is discontinued now so I would like to try the Rainsport 3 next.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Tyre Recommendation Thread

Ordering 2 x fronts for the compact this morning....have two to choose from.

Anyone have experience with the Uniroyal Rainsport 3?

It's them or the Kumho KU39'S

BMWHaus Guru

I have Rainsports all round on the 335 can't really fault them. Had the Kuhmo all round before that and they were fine on front, but rears were dreadful, couldn't get the power down without spinning. Both probably grand on front! Not much help, sorry!!

BMWHaus Guru

Well with half the power of a 335, the 318ti shouldn't have the same issue

Think it'll probably be the Kumho, the tread patten looks very similar to the Dunlop Sport Maxx on the rear.

The current Dunlop on the front have about 5mm of tread left but the sidewalls have cracked and look pretty bad...they've a 2008 date stamp on them, so think it's time for a change

BMWHaus Contributor

I have kuhmo ku39s on the rear of the M3 and can not fault them at all.
    Great in dry or wet

BMWHaus Guru

Great thanks for that feedback.

The rears are very reasonable in the KU39's so will be easier to match them when necessary

BMWHaus Contributor

Anyone have any experience with Hankook Ventus Evo 2?

Can get them for a reasonable enough price locally for my Audi and they come recommended.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hooch
    Anyone have any experience with Hankook Ventus Evo 2?

Can get them for a reasonable enough price locally for my Audi and they come recommended.
    I'm nearly certain my dad put these on his 318Ci last year..have driven it in the wet and dry and no issues with grip!

BMWHaus Contributor

They have a Y speed rating and A wet grip rating and get good reviews online so I will probably go for them.

Now I know they probably won't be as good as Michelins, Conti's or Eagle F1 but they seem to sit just below them in the rankings.

It's an odd enough size I need to get, 225/45/18 and that limits the choice I have and they are quite costly also! 225/40's are much cheaper.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hooch
    They have a Y speed rating and A wet grip rating and get good reviews online so I will probably go for them.

Now I know they probably won't be as good as Michelins, Conti's or Eagle F1 but they seem to sit just below them in the rankings.

It's an odd enough size I need to get, 225/45/18 and that limits the choice I have and they are quite costly also! 225/40's are much cheaper.
    There were Bridgstone Potenzas on the car previously but no issues with the Hankooks.. I think he bought them from Keith in Alloy-wheels.ie - seemed to be reasonly priced but they were 245/40 17