Thread: Tyre Recommendation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: Tyre Recommendation Thread

Had the Hankooks before, never had an issue

BMWHaus Contributor

I'm running a staggered set of 19's csl's on my e46 coupe on jom blue line coilovers and the tyre sizes are FRONT:235/35/R19
    and REAR 265/30/R19,
    Iv had john C down to Raise the back and roll the arches but I'm still getting rubbing issues, so I realize the back tyres are too wide for the car so I'm going down to the same size as the fronts to solve this with a stretch on the rears,
    Any input or info would be great as regards who has tyres and doing the job etc,
    Cheers mick.:wink:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    I'm running a staggered set of 19's csl's on my e46 coupe on jom blue line coilovers and the tyre sizes are FRONT:235/35/R19
    and REAR 265/30/R19,
    Iv had john C down to Raise the back and roll the arches but I'm still getting rubbing issues, so I realize the back tyres are too wide for the car so I'm going down to the same size as the fronts to solve this with a stretch on the rears,
    Any input or info would be great as regards who has tyres and doing the job etc,
    Mick where did you get the CSL's out of interest? Offsets might be a little on the low side if they were originally for an E90/E92. Also what tyres are you running at the back? I had Falkens in 265/30 on my old 325 and they were definitely narrower/stretched in comparison to the Dunlops that replaced them so might be another option?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    and REAR 265/30/R19,
    Mick where did you get the CSL's out of interest?
    Yea they were on an E90 and they are on nangkangs, if that's any help?
    [hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Had rubbing on the other halfs e46 is well 9.5j rim tyre 265/30/19 now running 255/35/19 contisport 5's no issue
    That's the size I thought might solve it mate cheers, just have to find 2 now!!!:crying:

Had rubbing on the other halfs e46 is well 9.5j rim tyre 265/30/19 now running 255/35/19 contisport 5's no issue

Try walkinstown tyre centre or tyreland mick they do good prices on new and partworn

BMWHaus Guru

Had 19's on my e46 325ci with Eibach prokit and 255/35/19 were perfect on the rear, front's were the same as you mention.

BMWHaus Guru

Depending on the offset, I'd say you'll still get rubbing with 255 335 19....I had 255 30 19 on the E46 before and they rubbed, offset was Et40 and 9.5 wide

I'm looking for a full set for the E39 - pretty sure it's 235/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear but if anyone can confirm that for sure I'd appreciate it.

Any comments on Dunlop Sp Sport Maxx MFS? I've been quoted €490 for a set fitted and balanced.

I was also considering high quality part-worns (Michelin etc) but I'd prefer a matching set and that'd be hard to find. Maybe not necessary. Any suggestions?

BMWHaus Guru

People usually only have good things to say about Dunlop sportmaxx, seems like a good price too! Check oponeo.ie though before you pull the trigger in case there's a better deal to be got.