Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Tracker queries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Car Tracker queries

Hey Guys,

I have been looking to get a tracker put into my e46. Now I know it's not worth much but still .. it's my baby SO! I could go ahead and buy one from ebay, or go to a tracking company like Fleetmatics, but I have a couple of iPhone 4s's not being used and wanted to know if anyone has used a phone as a tracker??

I've lost my phone and iPad and found that 'Find my iPhone' App is pretty good.

So any advise? I know that leaving the battery on charge constantly is just asking for trouble so will have to see if the phone will work without the battery before I decide.

RE: Car Tracker queries

I like this discussion,, something I've looked at a few times and never went with anything cause I couldn't decide, but here is one to consider, I've spoken to the guy who owns this and he is selling a good few.

http://www.eztrack.ie/

I just dont want to get into a monthy recurring cost for a tracker when you can do it yourself for no additional cost other than to top up the sim card maybe every few months.They have come down so much in cost in recent years.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BMW520D
    I like this discussion,, something I've looked at a few times and never went with anything cause I couldn't decide, but here is one to consider, I've spoken to the guy who owns this and he is selling a good few.

http://www.eztrack.ie/

I just dont want to get into a monthy recurring cost for a tracker when you can do it yourself for no additional cost other than to top up the sim card maybe every few months.They have come down so much in cost in recent years.
    Yeah I was speaking to a friend who works for Fleetmatics and he was showing me how it works, but like yourself, I don't really want to spend €50 per month for it if there is another way. Even buying a tracker is a pain considering I have an iPhone sitting on my desk that could be used.

Need to make sure that it's not going to blow up if I hide it behind the dash board

BMWHaus Contributor

Hello, I do quality trackers for 230 supplied and fitted, members price. No monthly charge, works with sim car, which is provided too.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Hello, I do quality trackers for 230 supplied and fitted, members price. No monthly charge, works with sim car, which is provided too.
    will it work with 3?
    Have an iPhone to unlock but first I need to top up by €130 so thinking I can put that towards it?

BMWHaus Contributor

Car Tracker queries

Thanks Mick! I'll be on to you about that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Car Tracker queries

I've found a way to use my 4S and it works pretty well! Have yet to test it properly, maybe someone taking my car for a spin, see how well I can keep track of it.

But so far it works well connected tithe parrot kit to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

I am confused you leave the phone in the car to act as a tracker?

BMWHaus Contributor

Yes. I had a second iPhone 4s that I have buried in the deepest darkest depths of my car

Works pretty well with 'Find my iPhone app'.

It's wired into my Parrot kit so it charges when I'm driving (which is quite a lot!) and then stays active for maybe a day when the ca is off.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy325ci
    Yes. I had a second iPhone 4s that I have buried in the deepest darkest depths of my car

Works pretty well with 'Find my iPhone app'.

It's wired into my Parrot kit so it charges when I'm driving (which is quite a lot!) and then stays active for maybe a day when the ca is off.
    Ok lol fair enough