Thread: e46 performance question

e46 performance question

My 320d made 183bhp on the rolling road I want to get a de cat and egr delete. Will the car have to be remapped after I fit these? Also does any warning lights pop up on the dash from an egr delete?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e46 performance question

Thats quite the over-achiever, are you sure it hasn't been remapped before? Yeah better to remap a car with a decat, not so much the EGR delete, it won't do any harm, it might flag an error but it won't trigger an EML, I'd get it disabled when getting the car remapped.

Sorry should have stated the car is already remapped and thats what its at now. Any idea of the cost to knock off that egr light on its own?

BMWHaus Guru

Its not a simple case of killing the light, its part of the engine map, it would probably be best to PM the likes of Martin at Autoremap.

BMWHaus Contributor

Wat year is our car if its pre 03 with. Vacuum wastegate on turbo it shouldn't come on easiest way to find out is to pull off pipe on egr block it with a bolt and see if Eml light comes on .. we've a 320d sitting at. 245 bhp so I'm sure if u have the money to spend we can do it

Mines 04? Nice whats done to get it up to that? And roughly costs involved in getting it in and around 220bhp