Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT - need wheel bolts in Killarney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Arrow URGENT - need wheel bolts in Killarney

Hi folks anybody know where I can get wheel bolts in Killarney at this hour?

Think someone was trying to kill me found the rear left wheel only held on by ONE bolt after parking up for a while. Heard knocking thought it was a tyre but was the wheel held on by just 1 bolt. Definitely wasn't like this earlier! Any ideas?? Hope the hub isn't damaged either!

RE: URGENT - need wheel bolts in Killarney

Take one out of each of the wheels till ya get home just make sure the rest are tight. And go easy on them wount be the safest thing to be driving around on

sent in from some where far out there

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1
    Take one out of each of the wheels till ya get home just make sure the rest are tight. And go easy on them wount be the safest thing to be driving around on

Was about to say the same thing, should get you home

BMWHaus Guru

Was thinking that but turns out the bolts are broken inside the hub....! Easy fix if I had the screws that loosen the broken bolts as they tighten (forget the name) but where to get that on a Saturday night Easter weekend??

BMWHaus Guru

Can you get the bolts out? Are they aftermarket bolts that you have fitted? Could you get them out with a Vise Grips?
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Get a drill and drill into the bolts. Get a flat head screw driver and hit it in a bit with a hammer. Should be enough to get a grip to unscrew them. The should be lose as there is no pressure on them

You're talking about bolt grippers. If there's a bit of bolt sticking out they should grip it. I have a set here. I think I have some spare bolts as well. I'm about 8 miles outside Killarney but I just had a drink so can't drive. I'll pm you my phone number, if you can get to my house I'll lend you the tools to get you sorted.

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks for the replies folks, and thanks for the sending your phone number Ger. I have breakdown cover so insurance sent a tow truck - the guy was bang on and helped me get all broken bolts but one, so took 1 of each of the front wheels and off I went back home driving 70-80km/h or so. On the bright side I learned something today - how economical this car can be if I drove even half sensibly! Just over 1/2 tank brought me 243 miles which is some sort of record for me. Usually get 150-160 from 1/2 a tank.

BMWHaus Guru

Call over to me tomorrow if you want some bolts. I have a few spare.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Might just do that Mark as will need the car before shops are open again and don't feel comfortable driving the car with missing bolts. Will give you a shout tomorrow. Thanks!