Thread: Superglued the top of the bolt on after it sheared

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Arrow Superglued the top of the bolt on after it sheared

So I ran out of time to get the car sorted for the retest. She needed a bush done for the lollipop end of the wishbone. I sorted the other bits but simply am stuck for time so I gave the car to a local trusted mechanic.

What he came across is a bit shocking. It appears that on the passenger side one of the two bolts on the lollipop was sheared and the top of the bolt was super glued back on

End result is it's sheared in the bracket and will not come out. It's so stuck that he's tried the usual welder etc and it won't budge and now will have to drill into the floor of the car.

Moral of the story be careful who you give your car to. Really fucking annoyed that the person who did this just couldn't tell me that it had happened, would have been easier than risking my life as I do 700 plus miles a week.

The bracket as ye will know is held by two bolts to the chassis, having seen her on a ramp today the bracket even has a stress crack in it.

Fucking superglue!!!

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Superglued the top of the bolt on after it sheared

Name and shame.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    Name and shame.
    Won't achieve much will it?

Passed the retest anyhow. Still needs doing. The mechanic had another go at it all that did was fuck up his drill bits... :huh::sad:

BMWHaus Contributor

What a thick cunt... He needs a serious toe in the hole for that carry on

BMWHaus Contributor

cow boys dont care

Jesus that is serious. And i bet ya paid well for it to. Must have been some super glue to even stay on there.

sent in from some where far out there

Superglued the top of the bolt on after it sheared

I actually know some one that done that very thing on a Civic to get it through the NCT. It was a bolt on the rear of the car and as far as I know the owner still hasn't fixed it properly yet plus she knows he just stuck it on and she didn't give a shite. Some people are pure stupid.

BMWHaus Contributor

Have you tried steam as that can remove superglue . Just a suggestion I'm not 100% it would work but if your grasping at straws

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Steve320
    Have you tried steam as that can remove superglue . Just a suggestion I'm not 100% it would work but if your grasping at straws
    Thanks Steve but it was just the head of the bolt glued on as it snapped when the bolt was over tightened I'm assuming.

BMWHaus Contributor

Need to use a cobalt drill bit to drill those. Ordinary bits are not hard enough