Thread: Wheels on new cars?

BMWHaus Guru

Wink Wheels on new cars?

Is it just me, or does it seem like new cars come with really awful wheels?

Can you think of ones that come with nice wheels AS STANDARD?

Make sure to post photos!

Example of crap wheels on a new car IMO:

And example of nice wheels on a new car:

Opinions will vary ofcourse, but will be interesting to see what people think!

RE: Wheels on new cars?

Agreed majority of new wheels look absolutely shit very little dish or concave around

BMWHaus Guru

I think dish and concave aside, designs are generally dull and uninspired. Will post the exceptions as i think of them!

BMWHaus Guru

Wheels on new cars?

There some amount of crap wheels now, Peugeot Citroen have a few disasters in the making(polished faces) and I'm completely unimpressed by the latest Audi / vw wheels. Too much grey!
    You'll never beat the old classics.
    One of my favourites is the pug 205gti 1.9 wheel... Also the Sunflower(staggered type) is a classy wheel.

to be fair tho..... theres awful load of the oem bmw wheels thats are horrific looking things so its defo across the board and has always been the case i think

BMWHaus Guru

On the subject of wheels I was down at my local tyre place yesterday & there were two F10 SE 5 Series wheels (18'), style 328, with loads of cracks in them, inside of the rim. So the style is not the only design issues they are making a balls of. I do like those Alfa wheels above though.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

Cant believe there still dishing out wheels that crack so easy you would think the lesson would be learned by now after the 225m's and spiders

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

New wheels seem to all be similar, dark back and diamond cut face, they will not last too long that way with cleaning habits!!

Only good set of bmw wheels made in the past few years are the 20" that come on the facelift 7 series and now on some f10's but they have terrible designs compared to years ago with early styles

Re: Wheels on new cars?

I think wolfrace are manufacturing all the new wheels out there