Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration Cloning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Registration Cloning

Was speaking to my father this morning, he told me that two guards called to the house today accusing him of stealing petrol this morning in Tralee, obviously this was a shock to him as he lives in Limerick and hadn't left the house and secondly the car is a diesel. They produced a still shot from the security camera and sure enough there was dad's car identical make and matching Reg!

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Registration Cloning

Dodgy.... What does one do in that situation? Lucky it was in Tralee but what if it was a petrol station in Limerick?

BMWHaus Guru

Was wondering exactly that myself! The guards were a bit dubious at the start, they have taken dad's number and are going to review the security footage! Hopefully they have a still of the person filling up which will clear up the situation!

BMWHaus Contributor

few years back I had a red e36 and it was off the road for 6 months as was a project,went to gards to get the form sighned to avoid back tax and he ran the reg through the computer,asked me to come inside to the office and then told me I was telling lies and the car had been involved in a robbery in Dublin 4 weeks before,also was used in shooting incident.next thing they were trying to arrest me.lucky I had pics on my phone of the car as was keeping progress pics with date stamp,when they seen the pics of the car they belived me.very odd how someone in Dublin would have my reg in mayo.never heard anything after that.got my form stamped though.

Getting a reg number is way too easy here,they should only be made after loogbook presence etc

As an aside here, but Is it true that it's not a cut and dry case to prosecute the driver of the car that gets filled with fuel and not paid for. If the driver himself doesn't fill it. ?

BMWHaus Contributor

I had 2 cars cloned, a parking ticket for one, lol and the second resulted in the on going murder investigation of PSNI Officer Ronan Kerr and as a car registered in my name was involved, in the eyes of the law, they cant rule out that I was involved either. Honest to God, that will follow me til the day I die because they're never going to come and tell me, it was a mistake and they're happy that I had no part in it.

All because someone cloned my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dod
    I had 2 cars cloned, a parking ticket for one, lol and the second resulted in the on going murder investigation of PSNI Officer Ronan Kerr and as a car registered in my name was involved, in the eyes of the law, they cant rule out that I was involved either. Honest to God, that will follow me til the day I die because they're never going to come and tell me, it was a mistake and they're happy that I had no part in it.

All because someone cloned my car.
    Fuckin hell.....

Christ.
    That's shockin.

I had the Garda knock on my door looking for a vehicle registered in my name, they were looking for a van and the reg was for a bike. There was a major incident they said which they wouldn't give me details about.