• SMG

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ToTD Manual V SMG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

ToTD Manual V SMG

Bit late for ToTD but will run into tomorrow also, So basically for anyone who has driven either what would you prefer and why. For anyone that hasn't driven SMG would you consider one and why?

Will add a poll, see the result :idea:

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: ToTD Manual V SMG

If I ever buy an e46 m3 it will be SMG. There's a reason the csl never came in manual that's all I'm saying

BMWHaus Contributor

SMG for me also, expensive when it fucks up though....

ToTD Manual V SMG

Never had the experience of SMG but from what I've heard,even with the expense of repairs when things go bang,it's still the one to have!!

I found the SMG (SMG2) at home on the track but a complete ball ache around town - so much so, it made me look like a learner driver. Jerky and agricultural However I'd still choose it over manual if buying the likes of an M tomorrow cause lets face it, I wouldn't be spending time in traffic in it regularly!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    I found the SMG (SMG2) at home on the track but a complete ball ache around town - so much so, it made me look like a learner driver. Jerky and agricultural However I'd still choose it over manual if buying the likes of an M tomorrow cause lets face it, I wouldn't be spending time in traffic in it regularly!
    Agreed, the M5 being especially bad around town. I remember a group of lads outside a pub roaring something about L plates at me in traffic one day :blush: I never found the M3 too bad, once you got used to the throttle.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ciars
    Trick is to pretend your always on track

BMWHaus Guru

Manual for me. I think SMG is brilliant in the right car, but manual is very rarely wrong in any car, if that makes sense

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Manual for me. I think SMG is brilliant in the right car, but manual is very rarely wrong in any car, if that makes sense
    Please hand over the keys to your CSL this is the Petrol Police calling....

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Totally makes sense. I would hate if my m5 was SMG and would probably never have bought it if it was but as said if I was buying an m3 it would be SMG