Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIS issues

BMWHaus Guru

DIS issues

Hi,

Have spent the day trying to get INPA up and running on Win7 x64 and I'm having issues. I'm using a bmcables USB to OBD connector and I'm trying to connect to a R56 Cooper D to test before I try configure ADS (with a PCI Serial to RS232 and ADS lead) and connect to the e36.

I've installed Ediabas 6.4.7 and Inpa 5.02 using compatibility mode and I have had no issues.

When I try to connect to the Mini I get the following error:

Group file: D_MOTOR. IFH-0006: COMMAND NOT ACCEPTED

Even if I have the cable attached or detached, or select a different make or model so I'm presuming its something to do with D_MOTOR?

I have the environmental variables set to C:\Ediabas\bin

I've made the following changes in the EDIABAS.INI file:

; RemoteHost
    ; Description : diaghead //(which I presume this is for DIS not INPA)
    ; Default =
    RemoteHost =192.168.68.1

; Port
    ; Description : IP communication port
    ; Value : 1000 < port < 30000
    ; Default =
    Port = 6801

The interface is set to STD:OBD and LoadWin32 = 1.

I've it set up on COM1 as far as I see correctly, and I have the OBD.ini set to use COM1 and USB.

As far as I can see no other services are running that would be using the ediabas process that would interfere with comms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, its probably something small that I'm missing but its starting to fry my head at this stage

BMWHaus Guru

RE: INPA issues

Okay I've been playing around with it a bit more and reverted to Ediabas 6.4.3 and I think is working better, when the OBD is not connected I get error IFH-0003 and when its connected to the Mini I get IFH-0009, so I'm guessing its the wrong lead for the R56?

This is the lead here:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BMW-USB-Diagnostics-OBD-Cable-Interface-lead-Ediabas-Inpa-DIS-SSS-Progman-GT1-/151210282258?

BMWHaus Contributor

All wrong Ketron
    Network settings with port 6801 etc are not for an obd/usb connection but for a network connection such as icom, enet, etc
    Also your ediabas is too old for the r56. If the r56 has a recent software update you will need ediabas 7
    Search for bmw standard tools 2.12 and daten files 48+

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    All wrong Ketron
    Network settings with port 6801 etc are not for an obd/usb connection but for a network connection such as icom, enet, etc
    Also your ediabas is too old for the r56. If the r56 has a recent software update you will need ediabas 7
    Search for bmw standard tools 2.12 and daten files 48+
    Thanks, figured that network setting were more for DIS diaghead (192.168.68.1) etc, they shouldn't interfere with the usb/oibd connection though? Just listed them to show all changes I made to the ediabas.ini file. Will ediabas 7 work with DIS? Edit just seen I have to rename the directory of the older installation and I'll be still able to use DIS.

Its an early R56, built late 2007.

Will give a search for that today and try again.

BMWHaus Contributor

Pretty sure the r56 is dcan too, silver plug usually from ebay.
    Previous model would be kcan like the e39 etc
    Ideally you need a k+dcan plug so you can do both generations

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Pretty sure the r56 is dcan too, silver plug usually from ebay.
    Previous model would be kcan like the e39 etc
    Ideally you need a k+dcan plug so you can do both generations
    Hmm had a feeling that could be a issue as well, probably not the best car to start off on with that lead

I may try ADS with the e36 now, although that might also present a few more problems using a PCMCIA card in the laptop

Gave a quick try last night but was getting late, the "DOTS" on the INPA start screen changed when I had the lead plugged into the OBD port on the E36 and changed when the ignition and engine were on. But that was about it, getting a data transmission error 0003, will try a little more today and do some more research.

I want to get DIS working but there is no point proceeding unless I can get inpa up and running.

Thanks for the advice

BMWHaus Guru

Success with the e36

Although I did have to revert to using an old laptop with native serial port.

The main reasons for setting up INPA was to see if there was any explanation to why my car is a wee bit thirsty and as a learning exercise. So I've a few screen shots of INPA when I had it connected. Help interpreting them correctly would be great

From looking a few forums I'm guessing there could be possible issues with injectors on cylinder 1 and cylinder 3? Best course of action, to swap around injectors and test again?

Engine Load and ICV are out of limits? Apparently the engine will be out of limits in INPA regardless, its this correct? What would be the suggested course of action for the ICV? Or are these values okay?

The values for the oxygen sensors seem very high? Was NCT'd a few months ago and was grand on emissions if that has any bearing and the car isnt throwing any codes.

Thanks in advance for the advice

BMWHaus Guru

Hi lads, any help on the issue I'm having with GT1/DIS connection would be greatly appreciated. Cant find a specific answer on any forums so if anyone has come across this problem it would be a great help.

I've set up INPA and its running with no issues, had originally tried to set up DIS using the Diaghead emulator but gave up as I could establish a connection between the VM and the emulator., but when I tried to connect to the car, an "OpenConnection" window appears with "Createfile_Error" from the IFH Service.

So today I decided to abandon the diagnostic head emulator and set up the FISTER profile, everything went okay and when I run the API test I have comms. When I try establish comms with the car I get the same "Createfile_Error" from the IFH service and no joy.

I've no antivirus or firewall running and I'm using a native serial port.

If anyone could shine a light on this it would be brilliant.

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: DIS issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ketron
    Success with the e36

Although I did have to revert to using an old laptop with native serial port.

The main reasons for setting up INPA was to see if there was any explanation to why my car is a wee bit thirsty and as a learning exercise. So I've a few screen shots of INPA when I had it connected. Help interpreting them correctly would be great

From looking a few forums I'm guessing there could be possible issues with injectors on cylinder 1 and cylinder 3? Best course of action, to swap around injectors and test again?

Engine Load and ICV are out of limits? Apparently the engine will be out of limits in INPA regardless, its this correct? What would be the suggested course of action for the ICV? Or are these values okay?

The values for the oxygen sensors seem very high? Was NCT'd a few months ago and was grand on emissions if that has any bearing and the car isnt throwing any codes.

Thanks in advance for the advice
    Any help interpreting the INPA?

Would be great, I'm trying to get to the bottom of what I consider low MPG. I'm getting 19.4mpg city driving, from Island bridge to Citywest twice a day. It will get around 29 or so at 75mph on the motorway.

If its just these engines are inefficient, thats grand, would just hate to think I've a duff sensor or something is up with it. But from what I've heard I should be getting 25mpg or so, similar to what I was getting in the M3 and the Clubsport doing the same trip.

Since I've gotten it I've replaced the plugs (full service with filter too) and replaced the camshaft sensor. Its not throwing up and codes and if I clear the adaptions, it doesn't really make a difference.

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

DIS issues

No idea about your problem,Just a comment. 75 is not a very efficient speed to travel at, try 60-65 you should see big improvements in mpg.