Thread: e36 316i engine swap

BMWHaus Contributor

e36 316i engine swap

Picking up a e36 316i tonight as a project car to slowly work away on over the summer. Just wondering would it be possible to fit a e46 330d engine into it. Is there much work involved and is it even possible ? If it is possible to do it i will most likely get a wrecked e46 330d with the mechanical parts still decent if i can find one. Anything else needed ?

Any info greatly appreciated!

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: e36 316i engine swap

Quote Originally Posted by BluhBluh
    Picking up a e36 316i tonight as a project car to slowly work away on over the summer. Just wondering would it be possible to fit a e46 330d engine into it. Is there much work involved and is it even possible ? If it is possible to do it i will most likely get a wrecked e46 330d with the mechanical parts still decent if i can find one. Anything else needed ?

Love to see that done.hopefully it will be possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e36 316i engine swap

I could be wrong... But I think perfect car fitted a 30d engine in an e36 touring no? Would stand out and certainly pack a punch I'd say just do a bit of research to make sure you know what you're up against and best of luck with it.

BMWHaus Guru

Out to toda and ask Darius. He had a touring with a 3lt diesel engine in it. Also i have your battery bracket for you.
    [hr]
    Lot of work

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/42440-e36-330d/

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom

Out to toda and ask Darius. He had a touring with a 3lt diesel engine in it. Also i have your battery bracket for you.
    [hr]
    Lot of work

http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/42440-e36-330d/
    Will be well worth it at the end tho imo :P

Oh yeah forgot about the bracket already If your on lunch around 2.30 tomorrow call up to Advanced, Jamie is swapping the diff for me If not then when ever suits ya, ill be around somewhere anyway

BMWHaus Contributor

Collected her anyway. Had to tow it the last 50 meters cause it had no power to make it up the hill into my estate but shes here now

BMWHaus Guru

Knew you wouldnt stay away from an e36 for long