Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nct milage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

nct milage

A few weeks ago I was fcuking around with carsoft(don't have it now) and changed milage into kilometerage,.I have a nct today and was looking at old nct it has milage at 70k with no units, odometer now reads 130k kilometers, it doesn't make for good reading:surprised:. Can nct put km on sheet to explain all

BMWHaus Guru

RE: nct milage

Not sure, but don't let them print a sheet with 130k whatever you do!! You don't want to be explaining that to a potential buyer further down the line. Or worse still, somebody doing a motorcheck report, finding a descrepancy and not even bothering to find out more (I wouldn't...).

BMWHaus Contributor

That's what I am worried about would they do a conversion to miles for me, or would that be asking too much, seemed like a good idea at the time but obviously not.

BMWHaus Guru

Anyway of postponing the NCT at all? what's their cancellation policy?

The thing about them putting KM on the sheet, is that it doesn't say miles on the previous sheet, so one may think the previous figure was km?

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    A few weeks ago I was fcuking around with carsoft(don't have it now) and changed milage into kilometerage,.I have a nct today and was looking at old nct it has milage at 70k with no units, odometer now reads 130k kilometers, it doesn't make for good reading:surprised:. Can nct put km on sheet to explain all
    The NCT doesn't make note of units. They simply write down exactly what's on the odom surely it won't be too hard to explain to a potential buyer that a reading is km when you can do the conversion in a meter of seconds in your head.

Just keep the NCT receipt in with your history and it's backed up by a date etc.
    wouldn't worry me as a buyer as it's a simple conversion.

It happens all the time btw
    Person nct's their car at 20k miles. The following NCT they ask their partner to bring it, she grabs the second key. The car now is set up for the other key in miles so a different value.

BMWHaus Contributor

Given that the car isn't worth a lot and I have no intention of selling it's just you put a lot of effort in maintaing history and it's a bit of a black mark especially when the milage is so low.

BMWHaus Guru

Yep it's not a huge deal, would just prefer to avoid it myself if it was possible.

BMWHaus Contributor

Yea I would prefer to put it off but I would be waiting ages for another one. As far as nct is concerned I don't know of anyone who enjoys putting their car through it, it's a bit like a dentists appointment :wink:.you hate them but you still go.

BMWHaus Guru

nct milage

Where are you based? Can you get into someone who can recode it before the Nct?

BMWHaus Contributor

I don't think so I am in.crescent Limerick now test at 3. Why didn't I kop it a few days ago only myself to blame