Thread: E39 bluetooth won't pair with iPhone 4

E39 bluetooth won't pair with iPhone 4

Hi all

My iPhone 4 refuses to pair with my 2003 E39 factory bluetooth. I have trawled the internet and tried loads of different things to get it to work...here's what happens:

In pairing mode the iPhone picks up the bmw BT, I enter the code , it pairs and then disconnects a few seconds later. Every time . It works though with a friends iphone 3 and Nokia

Have any of you experience with this? I'd rather not get a new phone but I'd really like to be able to utilise the bluetooth

Thanks

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E39 bluetooth won't pair with iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Greenbush
    Hi all

My iPhone 4 refuses to pair with my 2003 E39 factory bluetooth. I have trawled the internet and tried loads of different things to get it to work...here's what happens:

In pairing mode the iPhone picks up the bmw BT, I enter the code , it pairs and then disconnects a few seconds later. Every time . It works though with a friends iphone 3 and Nokia

Have any of you experience with this? I'd rather not get a new phone but I'd really like to be able to utilise the bluetooth

Thanks
    Usually a flash of the module with newer software will fix this.
    I could give it a go if you want in Castleknock, d15

RE: E39 bluetooth won't pair with iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANIKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Greenbush
    Hi all

Thanks
    Usually a flash of the module with newer software will fix this.
    I could give it a go if you want in Castleknock, d15
    [hr]
    Thanks man....it paired successfully after I deleted older phones from the factory bluetooth. The address book is a bit hit and miss but I'm just glad it's working now