Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E60 Lights value?

E60 Lights value?

Guys im thinking of upgrading the lights on my e60 to lci lights and selling the current lights. How much would pre facelift adaptive xenon lights, taillights and lm1 module fetch? They would be sold without the original ballast and d2s bulbs as they currently have a hid kit attached but that would be included. All bulbs work and the lights are in good nick. Cheers

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: E60 Lights value?

Well to be honest,pre facelift lights worth nothing,you will struggle to sell them.

BMWHaus Contributor

What car you got?
    I tried the pre LCI xenon conversion on my cousins pre LCI and it only brought on error after error and that was after proper wiring and coding from a well known coder.

They just seem to never work properly.

Best option for pre LCI cars IMHO is to just go LCI halogen and put a hid kit in. The look 100 times better too.

Quote Originally Posted by kceire
    What car you got?
    I tried the pre LCI xenon conversion on my cousins pre LCI and it only brought on error after error and that was after proper wiring and coding from a well known coder.

Best option for pre LCI cars IMHO is to just go LCI halogen and put a hid kit in. The look 100 times better too.
    Hi mate ive got an 04 e60.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by CTRob
    What car you got?

I personally wouldn't go down the pre LCI xenon route. LCI with hid kit I would do and then do LCI rears all for less than what just the pre LCI xenon is pricing up

What car you got?

I personally wouldn't go down the pre LCI xenon route. LCI with hid kit I would do and then do LCI rears all for less than what just the pre LCI xenon is pricing up
    Cheers man.

I don't get this conversion process... im reading in places that some people have been very successful and others were it has been a total nightmare for converting to lci xenon.

BMWHaus Contributor

What car you got?

You are mistaken Keith the pre lci xenon headlights I fitted to your cousin had 0 errors.
    I do them regularly. 0 errors.
    What happened is that your cousin fitted angel eyes that kept throwing parking lights failures. And they still are, despite having them coded out, they are still throwing errors on startup.
    Within a week you cousin had them broken as he tried to fix the condensation.
    Then he bought a new lci set that you wired up. All good. Put then he put his angel eyes agai and they are still throwing errors.
    He needs new good quality angel eyes such as Mtech ones.
    He knows it and he is picking these up from Florida this week hopefully

BMWHaus Contributor

What car you got?

Cheers man.

I don't get this conversion process... im reading in places that some people have been very successful and others were it has been a total nightmare for converting to lci xenon.
    To put LCI Xenon ones you also need the LM2 Xenon module.
    Putting LCI Xenon headlights with LM1 module is much more challenging and I do not recall anyone doing it successfully. Maybe it was done, but so far what works is to have the LM2 Xenon module. Then they fully work as expected.

Hi Mick yeah sorry as we discussed if I was going to do this it would be with an LM2 retrofit also. Im considering doing it in stages ie get the lci rear lights and LM2 module done first and then the headlights later.

BMWHaus Contributor

Hi Mick yeah sorry as we discussed if I was going to do this it would be with an LM2 retrofit also. Im considering doing it in stages ie get the lci rear lights and LM2 module done first and then the headlights later.
    Yes sure of course no problem
    I just wanted to clarify a few points.
    I would not bother doing them if that was not working as expected and throwing errors.