Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Post Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

As above, does anybody on here like to thrash a mountain bike around a nice mountain trail, or generally do a bit of road cycling either?

If so, post pics / spec of your bike, and the trails / roads you like to cycle

RE: Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

used to cycle every weekend, then got a little bit of surgery on my leg..wasn't able for ages..then got fat...still have one of these though

BMWHaus Guru

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Nice looking machine I picked myself up a 2007 Kona Kula with lots of custom bits early 2012 when I first got into mountain biking, was living in Wicklow for a while and spent a LOT of time in Ballinastoe (great trail!!), I could be seen tearing down Bray head and around the Greystones area during that summer too... It wasn't till summer 2013 that I wanted to get something for the road to get to work and back here in Cork so picked up a new 2013 Cube Peloton Pro on the cycle to work scheme and couldn't believe how much faster a road bike is!!! It feels like floating rather than cycling in comparison.

Will post pics of both when I get home. Was itching to go mountain biking since last summer and with the weather finally getting better and days longer, will give ballyhoura a try as haven't been before. Would be cool to have a BMWHaus MTB day out

Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

Love my road cycling these days, was mad into mountain biking but getting too old to be jumping off ledges and hammering down single tracks. Picked up a full carbon Cube Agree GTC last year and an out on it at least once a week, quite a lot more now, I've the Wicklow 100 on the 8th June and the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle (180k) at the start of July, few pics below of bike and me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked this up a few weeks back. Just getting used to being properly clipped in

Used to do a lot if MTb here and in Oz. Has some nice Scott's and Kona's over the years.

BMWHaus Guru

Was about to buy this exact bike last year, would love to get into the cycling but I know I wouldn't use it to its full potential so didn't bother in the end, got a Trek MB for now but rarely use it :hehe!:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2013.giant.rapid.3/11834/56810/

BMWHaus Guru

Love Cube bikes they have such a sexy design

@Dec: The idea of being clipped in is so strange coming from mountain biking, I had to go for regular pedals!

BMWHaus Contributor

Love the aul cycling. Always had bmx mountain bikes when I was a kid. Got into road cycling last year and done a couple of adventure races done my cruciate end of last year so had an op on that end Feb after a few weeks off got back in the saddle. Had surgery on my back recently so in out of action again! I'm aiming to do gaelforce west this year crawling if needs be!

BMWHaus Guru

I used to do lots of off road stuff back in the day, had various Trek's back then,
    including American made CroMo framed ones.

Bought this a couple years back to get me back into cycling for fitness, picked
    it up for a song on adverts, well worth it. Will dust it off again for the summer.

It's a 2003 GT Avalanche 1.0...retro cool

BMWHaus Guru

@ Ginoc: fairplay! That's determination right there

@ Don: great way of keeping fit! I can't believe how long it took me to realise how ideal Ireland is for mountain biking, lots of hills/mountains and lots of nature = mtb heaven