Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

RE: Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

I was big into the BMXing back in the day and did a good bit of mountain biking too.
    Wicklow was great for the mountain biking, great trail and fire roads up there.

Would like to get into the road cycling but at the minute with my work her work and the little one its hard to find the time. Hopefully in the not too different future ill take the plunge again.

BMWHaus Contributor

Just bought a Trek 4500 second hand from a mate! Want to play on some trail in Wick low one of the lads in work goes on. He cycles for Team Giant and the craic he has is mental!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Any Mountain Bikers/Cyclists?

I have a black/blue giant fcr4 hybrid road bike that I bought about a year and a half ago, it has upgraded gears and carrera comfort saddle,
    In great condition and for sale at the mo, I must get some pics up if anyone's interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MICK FORAN
    I have a black/blue giant fcr4 hybrid road bike that I bought about a year and a half ago, it has upgraded gears and carrera comfort saddle,
    In great condition and for sale at the mo, I must get some pics up if anyone's interested let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BACK UP FOR SALE GUYS, GIANT FCR 4 call me €300 Ono
    Regards
    Mike.

I would do a bit of mountain biking down in Ballinastoe in Wicklow too. For anyone considering getting into it or just wanting to try it out, they rent bikes down there and the loop is not that technical of a course. A great morning / afternoon out, as long as you don't have any falls. I actually bought one of their treks second hand from them and it does rightly.

Have a giant defy 2 also as a road bike and did mizen to malin in 3 days the weekend before last so know the bike well!!!

Administrator

Have a Road Bike that when I bought initially I did a "fair" bit (for someone who hadnt cycled since I got my 1st car); a few 25 - 30km cycles, to ease myself into it. A few up to 80km or so.
    Got left to one side when the lil fella arrived. Got out for a few cycles since, but nothing hectic! And has been in the Father-in-Laws garage since moving house, but, now its almost fully decorated, I'll be going to get it and trying to get out for a few 30km spins in the evenings again!

Bought on the Bike 2 Work and added a few extra quid to the bike and a few accessories!

Giant Defy 1

I love mountain biking same buzz as motor racing without the cost!
    Anyone on here who likes mountain biking check out gravityenduro.ie
    Each race has 5 timed stages , great events!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru

Have been up at Ballinastoe the last few weekends and loved it, forgotten how much.
    Decided the old bike needed changing so that went and picked up a 2013 Kona Cinder Cone.

After seeing the Kona Kula a mate of mine bought from @[Peter-E36] I wanted something similar.

Great machine, very light with Scandium frame etc

My old GT Avalanche 1.0 and mates new to him Kona Kula at the weekend

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    Have been up at Ballinastoe the last few weekends and loved it, forgotten how much.
    Decided the old bike needed changing so that went and picked up a 2013 Kona Cinder Cone.

After seeing the Kona Kula a mate of mine bought from @[Peter-E36] I wanted something similar.

Great machine, very light with Scandium frame etc

My old GT Avalanche 1.0 and mates new to him Kona Kula at the weekend

The Kona is pretty familiar with Ballinastoe delighted to see it's being used for what it was built for! Congrats on the Cinder, looks pretty tasty

BMWHaus Contributor

Nice piece of kit, I haven't been up to ballinastoe yet I bought a 2nd hand mountain bike last winter with the intention of using it but stuck to the road cycling I may use it this winter. Adventure racing season is nearly over done the moxie a couple of weeks back and I'm heading to killarney this weekend to do the pro 60k will try keep the training momentum going over the winter on the trails.