Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My car died 320i e46 auto!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My car died 320i e46 auto!

Hey all

I've been driving last night home when my car just died. I started up engine but idling was very rough then died again and again. Today I plugged car into computer and got error: "EWS code implausible"
    Car was running fine then just stopped work.
    Any idea what is the problem. If fuel pump is gone, should I then get any error. I'm using PA Soft 1.4.

RE: My car died 320i e46 auto!

Lift the back seat try to start the car listen for the fuel pump see if you can hear it working

BMWHaus Contributor

unplug the airflow meter and try it.worth a shot

Thanks. I'll try tomorrow. Few weeks ago i did reset DME-EWS adaptations.

I rang mobile mechanic in tallaght and he solved the problem. Fuel pump end its life. So brand new pump fitted 2 days ago. Since then I've done about 150km and today car died again. Cranking again and sometime engine starts up then die immediately. The fuel pump is working for sure. I've also checked fuel went beside injectors.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by strefabrzmienia
    I rang mobile mechanic in tallaght and he solved the problem. Fuel pump end its life. So brand new pump fitted 2 days ago. Since then I've done about 150km and today car died again. Cranking again and sometime engine starts up then die immediately. The fuel pump is working for sure. I've also checked fuel went beside injectors.
    did you unplug the air flow meter like I said in previous comments

Quote Originally Posted by strefabrzmienia
    Sounds like a cam sensor, did he read the codes?

Yes i did. No difference.

He did. I will read codes again tomorrow as have pa soft. What is the best way to check cam sensor if computer will not show any codes?

Cam sensor is fine. I just swapped and car still doesn't work. No errors in computer. Any ideas?