Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMWhat app

BMWHaus Contributor

BMWhat app

BMWhat app for android / iphone.

Anybody here used it ? I believe its a nice interface to quickly read and clear codes and also has the ability to code things to the vehicle. It seems handier than lugging out the laptop. Requires and OTG cable from the phone and a standard K Line OBD adaptor like what you would use with INPA.

However the app is something like 33 quid. But i suppose it looks handy. Anyone used it ? Im primarily interested in its handyness as i would have my phone with me all the time.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: BMWhat app

I've used it with a wifi reader and it's great for reading/clearing errors. I've never managed to get it to code anything to the M6 but I haven't tried in a while and there have been a couple of updates since.
    There's a free version you can try out first.

BMWHaus Contributor

The free version appears to be very limited, specifically looking to see if anyone has had any success with the E46 M3 or any E46

BMWHaus Contributor

I've used a Bluetooth obd2 reader and the torque app and have cleared any errors can send on link if needed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

I have torque already. Also have INPA and DIS. This just looks handy for coding. Essentially an up to date NCS style concept with a proper UI on a phone. Processing power and UI's have come a long way since the likes of INPA were designed.

I vaguely recall PaddyMc using this app or one very similar. Might be worth a shout

I've a WiFi OBD Reader and use the DashCmd application regularly. It can read only what the car supplies, but I've used it to clear codes in my car and in a friend's E46 M3.

EDIT: Just tried the lite version of the BMWhat app and whilst it connected fine, I got the following warning when using the PLX Kiwi WiFi 2 dongle:

"For the connected BMW you may inspect the codings. However the WIFI communication quality required to write the codings into the ECUs is not sufficient for this vehicle. Unfortunately, coding can therefore not be provided via WIFI. You may code this car only via USB-OBD cable which is unfortunately not available on iPhone (but on Android)"

Also using the bm app a ybody know what error 480a is referencing dpf ??? Have since done nct and no pro lems wit emissions ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DanE60
    Also using the bm app a ybody know what error 480a is referencing dpf ??? Have since done nct and no pro lems wit emissions ..

480A is a build up of back pressure at the DPF and it won't attempt to regenerate. Essentially, I think it means your DPF is blocked.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMcGrath
    Quote Originally Posted by DanE60

480A is a build up of back pressure at the DPF and it won't attempt to regenerate. Essentially, I think it means your DPF is blocked.
    VRAM VRAM VRAM ?