Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst most embarrassing car you've owned

BMWHaus Contributor

Worst most embarrassing car you've owned

Following on:P

What's the worst, most trouble sum car you've owned? Or what's the most embarrassing car you've owned. And why?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Worst most embarrassing car you've owned

The '85 Saab 900i 4-door was so uncool it was cool It was only unreliable though as I was 19 and drove the crap out of it!

I've had some seriously shoddy hire cars - Mitsubishi Carisma, a Laguna that I had to stall because the start/stop button didn't work properly, and the worst of the lot was a Peugeot 307 for 4 months that had a mind of its own and wasn't very nice to drive. That was the most disappointing, as small Peugeots before that were lovely from what I've ever experienced

BMWHaus Contributor

I once ended up with a Ford Fusion for about 3 months, and no I don't mean the American V8 fusion I mean the 1.4 diesel coffin on wheels, it was brown also.

Most troublesome is a toss up.between my 1st and 2nd car

1st 99 punto headgasket went and all windows failed

2nd 02 fiat stilo 1.2 6 speed manual :-D first the clutch went then the gearbox then a heap of electrical shite

then i bought a tdi passat great workhouse then my e36 uphill from then on amd cars became more then just a means of transport

BMWHaus Guru

worst car was a mk3 golf gti 8v, it was heavy and gutless not to mention thirsty beyond belief, everything broke and if you sneezed in the bloody thing it would rust.

Most embarressing car was my first car, a b5 passat estate, this was back when estate cars were not cool, it was also poverty spec and had things that I believe were known as hub caps.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    worst car was a mk3 golf gti 8v, it was heavy and gutless not to mention thirsty beyond belief, everything broke and if you sneezed in the bloody thing it would rust
    My bro had a MkIV GTi 1.8T for about a year from new, and has refused to ever buy a VW again

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    worst car was a mk3 golf gti 8v, it was heavy and gutless not to mention thirsty beyond belief, everything broke and if you sneezed in the bloody thing it would rust
    My bro had a MkIV GTi 1.8T for about a year from new, and has refused to ever buy a VW again
    The biggest problem with the mk4 gti was the power, there are a few 180bhp 1.8t's whip map to around 200bhp but the diesels were way better, especially the asz and arl engines. I still really like the r32 but 250bhp is pretty ordinary.

I don't think I would buy another VW, I would buy another Audi though.

BMWHaus Guru

The biggest problem with the mk4 gti was the power, there are a few 180bhp 1.8t's whip map to around 200bhp but the diesels were way better, especially the asz and arl engines. I still really like the r32 but 250bhp is pretty ordinary.

The dealers in England where he lives were shocking too though, which certainly didn't help

I'd love a Mk4 R32, but the Mk5 does nothing for me. Nice noise out of it though. S3 probably makes a lot more sense over here though for similar power I'd say

Not seen a 3.2L A3 for years, and I bet there isn't one in Ireland

BMWHaus Guru

Company car once, a bleedin '98 Toyota Corolla 5 dr. I asked for a red one and got wnat can only be described as a pink turd. Amazingly got done for speeding in it.

BMWHaus Guru

Worst most embarrassing car you've owned

Quote Originally Posted by Leins

The dealers in England where he lives were shocking too though, which certainly didn't help

I'd love a Mk4 R32, but the Mk5 does nothing for me. Nice noise out of it though. S3 probably makes a lot more sense over here though for similar power I'd say

Not seen a 3.2L A3 for years, and I bet there isn't one in Ireland
    Believe it or not there was a 3.2 for sale in Wexford last year, went for small money as far as I'm aware.

The 8l s3 definitely makes more sense here, very tuneable, there are a few running close to 300bhp