Thread: Wheel refurb questions

BMWHaus Guru

Wheel refurb questions

Do I need to get a spare set of wheels while I get my own refurbed or do the crowd doing the refurb supply a spare set? I don't have a 2nd set, or axle stands, and wouldn't fancy leaving car on stands anyway for any period without wheels!

Do I have to go through a site sponsor to use wheel wizards?

What sort of turn-around can I expect; as in no wheels for a week or something?

BMWHaus Contributor

Wheel refurb questions

U be better off ringing who ever ya gonna get urs refurbed with and see of they have a set of wheels for ur car while they do
    The refurb!!
    U can go through who ever u want to use wheel wizards!!
    The turn around time is anywhere between a few days to a week or so depends how busy they are really!!!

Not much help really but that all the info I've got and I'm not being smart but ring them!!some people do wheel refurbs in a few hours but it all depends on the company and if ur going to loose days on delivery depending on how far ur sending them really
    Cheers
    Mick

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Wheel refurb questions

If your not going to drive the car try find a set of loaner wheels from someone just to sit on, I have a set of 16" you can have.

3-4days turn around from Wheel Wizards

The deal they had is over but mention BMWHaus they should look after you

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Wheel refurb questions

It's the e92 I'm looking to get done. Need 4 new tyres and complete wheel refurb! Pretty sure I'll need 18's too as the brakes are huge on the 335.

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

Ring and speak to Mark he usually has stuff there Paddy. I cant get into my phone at the minute it wont unlock but try their website and get the number they are good lads to deal with

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Wheel refurb questions

Rang WW and spoke to Mark. Have to bring wheels over Thursday to be inspected. They could be buckled I don't know, given the shitty state of them and the piss poor tyres that are fuq'd anyway. So.......could be big bucks :@ plus I've a catch 22 because I don't want to refurb the wheels and put back on the shite tyres so have to get tyres too....... And probably get WW to fit and balance them. Not a happy camper at all.

It's never good when they say 'I'll have to see them to give you a price!'

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

Im lookimg to get a set done. there not bad lips are polished but centres are not great lacker is coming off wouldn't be abig job and im needing price is there anybody near Waterford I could go there's no tyres on at the moment so will I stick a set on when not to risk the new wheels been damaged in the process .. pm me if you have details