• e46

8 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: e30 M3 V e46 M3

BMWHaus Guru

RE: e30 M3 V e46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG
    Btw the poll is not showing up on tapatalk.
    A lot more people have posted than voted so I presume it because vote can't be seen on tapatalk
    As Gar said, I don't think polls have ever been supported on Tapatalk from what I can gather, for whatever reason

The hilarious thing seems to be that there are quite a few forums out there I've just seen who ran a poll about whether or not to keep Tapatalk, and none of the Tapatalk users could vote

BMWHaus Contributor

Ive always liked the E30 M3 but it would be more of a vanity thing for me, mainly because of its rarity and appeal, Ive never driven one so I couldn't really say too much but I'd imagine the performance wouldn't blow you away... maybe it makes up for it in driving enjoyment but for going out for a hard blast in something with a bit of oomph it would have to be the E46...

All that said if the two sets of keys were left in front of me I'd probably have the E30.

BMWHaus Contributor

have both currently, the e30 just 8 years, the e46 3 years, i had a csl before the ordinary m3 for a spell also, regardless of the value of either id go with the e46, its a nicer place to be the 6 cylinder is brilliant, to get from 1 into the other you,d know there related even with the 13 year age gap

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Ok my personal opinion on both of these,in standard trim,by the looks and performance marginaly it has to be e46,modified 200% e46. Couple years ago i did a project with e30M3 fitting s54 engine,drove it afterwards-and to be honest i wasn't impressed at all. It still drives like an old car,stops like an old car,and inside feels like an old car,but its not bad,for my liking its not old enough

BMWHaus Guru

To stick in a garage as an investment & to look at it would be the e30. But the e46 would probably be a better all round driver in the real world for everyday driving. So it depends in whether the question is investment reasons or driving reasons. I think the newer car will always be a nicer place. Nostalgia & deck chair viewing the e30 wins.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S