Thread: Good one for ye!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good one for ye!

Here's a good one for ye lads:
    The daughter was messing about fixing her hair or some shit like that in the front passenger seat of the car the other day and dropped one of her hair tie-up thingys down between the passenger seat and the centre console. As she fished down to retrieve it, along with pulling it up she also pulled the cable off the seat-belt pre-tensioner so up popped the airbag light along with the following error on the I-drive: Driver restraint system fault.

So what do ye reckon? Sides mixed up some how.

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Good one for ye!

Quote Originally Posted by Colm_D
    Here's a good one for ye lads:
    The daughter was messing about fixing her hair or some shit like that in the front passenger seat of the car the other day and dropped one of her hair tie-up thingys down between the passenger seat and the centre console. As she fished down to retrieve it, along with pulling it up she also pulled the cable off the seat-belt pre-tensioner so up popped the airbag light along with the following error on the I-drive: Driver restraint system fault.

So what do ye reckon? Sides mixed up some how.
    Turn the key in position 2 with the connector unplugged.
    Plug in the connector back
    Should go away
    If not, just plug it back and get it reset by someone.

Shave your daughters head if she does it again...only messing ;-)

Good one for ye!

Oh, I reset it with INPA no probs.
    The weird thing was the passenger side pretensioner showing up as a drivers restraint fault.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Colm_D
    Oh, I reset it with INPA no probs.
    The weird thing was the passenger side pretensioner showing up as a drivers restraint fault.
    Nevermind those messages on the iDrive, they are just generic messages, never specific as the exact location.

BMWHaus Contributor

Is it possible that you have your INPA settings orientated towards LHD? I know that when you select UK rectifications program it should automatically set everything to RHD but you never know... Pull out your drivers side pre tensioner tomorrow and see what happens!

BMWHaus Guru

The car should read as per the build spec of the car. But with yours being an early (2003) e60 the VO of your car could very well be a left hand drive make up.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S