Thread: Desperately in need of help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Desperately in need of help!

Lads, I'm in a bit of a pickle! The tyres on my e92 are completely fucked, so bad in fact the car is not safe to bring on road! I want to get the wheels refurb'd so need to get the wheels off but the I don't have a spare set to leave on the car!

Is there someone with a spare set of 18inch wheels in the Dublin/Meath/Kildare areas to suit an e92 that I can borrow for a week or two! So I can get the refurb and tyres sorted. I can promise that when your wheels are on my car, the car will still remain unused and on my driveway as I won't be stuck for a car! I just simply can not risk other road users safety or my own, or my girlfriend's safety by letting this car leave my driveway with tyres in such a bad way!

I haven't been driving her much recently but the missus has and only when I was leaving the BMW show in straffan on Sunday last did I really notice these was something terribly wrong!

I can collect and drop the wheels back no problem and I absolutely promise they will only be fitted to the car to keep it off the ground as I have no axle stands or spare set!

Anyone got anything suitable? Let me know please!

Thanks!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Desperately in need of help!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Lads, I'm in a bit of a pickle! The tyres on my e92 are completely fucked, so bad in fact the car is not safe to bring on road! I want to get the wheels refurb'd so need to get the wheels off but the I don't have a spare set to leave on the car!

Is there someone with a spare set of 18inch wheels in the Dublin/Meath/Kildare areas to suit an e92 that I can borrow for a week or two! So I can get the refurb and tyres sorted. I can promise that when your wheels are on my car, the car will still remain unused and on my driveway as I won't be stuck for a car! I just simply can not risk other road users safety or my own, or my girlfriend's safety by letting this car leave my driveway with tyres in such a bad way!

I haven't been driving her much recently but the missus has and only when I was leaving the BMW show in straffan on Sunday last did I really notice these was something terribly wrong!

I can collect and drop the wheels back no problem and I absolutely promise they will only be fitted to the car to keep it off the ground as I have no axle stands or spare set!

Anyone got anything suitable? Let me know please!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that man, I've two axle stands and a two tonne jack if its of partial use to if you're stuck and cant source alloys.

Also have two axle stands your welcome to borrow Paddy

BMWHaus Guru

Iv a set of wheels there Paddy, they are perfect to use for stuff like this, they are unsafe for road use but perfect for what you need plus they are 18"

They are in the shed, if you fancy you can pick them up on Saturday?? @[Paddy]

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Iv a set of wheels there Paddy, they are perfect to use for stuff like this, they are unsafe for road use but perfect for what you need plus they are 18"

They are in the shed, if you fancy you can pick them up on Saturday?? @[Paddy]
    Thanks Chris, PM sent!

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Desperately in need of help!

Big thanks to Chris for lending me a set of wheels until I get my own sorted!

Attached Images Attached Images