Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 airbag light issue

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E36 airbag light issue

That bypass is nothing fancy just a resistor in a little box with a connector to suit the car. Of you buy one of them just solder the 2 cores directly onto the connector.

BMWHaus Contributor

Re: RE: E36 airbag light issue

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF
    Measure the resistance of the original seats if you still have them and post it up here, I've a selection of resistors here I'll post you one of the correct value if you measure it.
    hey Kevin do you have any to suit an e 46 by any chance? my passenger occupancy air bag light is showing up every now and then

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nigzcurran
    Measure the resistance of the original seats if you still have them and post it up here, I've a selection of resistors here I'll post you one of the correct value if you measure it.
    hey Kevin do you have any to suit an e 46 by any chance? my passenger occupancy air bag light is showing up every now and then

I have a full selection of resistors here but I don't know the value of resistance that the ECU is looking for from a healthy airbag. If you can find that out I'd have no problem sending you one one to suit.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by nigzcurran

I have a full selection of resistors here but I don't know the value of resistance that the ECU is looking for from a healthy airbag. If you can find that out I'd have no problem sending you one one to suit.
    ok cheers I will ask uncle Google and see what he says

BMWHaus Contributor

I think it's a 100ohm resistor and a diode by the looks of things on google. Although you might want to check that.

BMWHaus Contributor

As far I can see, those two wires were connected not to the seat itself but to the seat belt lock, so its mean if you will have still the other seat , just swap the seat belt lock thing and you are sorted. I had exactly the same issue.
    the light its not because airbag itself its for seat belt tensioner.

i had the same when i swop my seats in my e36 .

If you in Dublin you can pop in to me and I will connect to my laptop and delete it for you. (free of course)
    I tried resistor (which I still have) and didn't work.

you can PM if you need.

BMWHaus Contributor

Hey Ghostek, only seeing this. I'll PM you now, that would be great. At this stage I just want to get it all sorted and NCT'd and be done with it and start saving and deciding on whether or not to do a conversion or tune and turbo it or what.