Thread: pukey odour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

pukey odour

Any recommendations for this. One of the kids had a tummy bug puked his guts up in the back of the car spent an hour scooping and cleaning last night. Even had to remove the rear vents as they got completely blocked. Everything is visibly clean just a bit of a smell left. What's best to get rid of it, as we're on holidays access to "equipment " is limited. Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

RE: pukey odour

Baking soda

Administrator

Yeah, baking soda is supposed to work - and given you are limited, its worth a shot....or try find something in a local motor factors - most things you'll find there will mask the smell rather than get rid.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    Yeah, baking soda is supposed to work - and given you are limited, its worth a shot....or try find something in a local motor factors - most things you'll find there will mask the smell rather than get rid.
    Cheers. I think I would rather smell the puke than trying to work out what exactly I was trying to cover up if I were to mask it. As far as the baking soda is concerned do I apply it when the carpet is dry.

BMWHaus Guru

pukey odour

Puke is wet so I'd say you'll have to wet vac the back of the car to get it out

BMWHaus Guru

Ask a local taxi driver...they'd surely know :tounge:

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Ask a local taxi driver...they'd surely know :tounge:
    I am sure they do,that said I remember getting into a taxi one night and even a feed of drink, 20 airfreshners and his cleaning efforts hadn't put a dent in the smell of sick that occurred earlier that night. :wink:

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Any recommendations for this. One of the kids had a tummy bug puked his guts up in the back of the car spent an hour scooping and cleaning last night. Even had to remove the rear vents as they got completely blocked. Everything is visibly clean just a bit of a smell left. What's best to get rid of it, as we're on holidays access to "equipment " is limited. Cheers
    I would remove the rear seat bench. Guarantee some spilled down the gaps and into the foam underneath. Had to do it for my mams old car after she burst a bottle of milk!

BMWHaus Contributor

Yea done that there was a nice little puddle waiting for us,as well as seatbelt receptical