Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Wanted* 50Cal Product Reviewers

Administrator

*Wanted* 50Cal Product Reviewers

Folks,

I managed to get my hands on a few Sample Kits from the lads over at 50Cal, and Im looking to get a few people to review the products. Kits are priced at 15 GBP so I dont want to hand them out to someone who is just going to say something like; "It done a good job". For anyone familiar with Detailing World, you might know the Review Section - Im looking for something similar; but not so intense!

So....who do I choose; well, someone who can write a review! If you are interested in trying the 50Cal range and are willing to do a bit of a write up, and what to get your hands on the kit, free of charge...what do you need to do?
    If you've written a review before, post a link; otherwise, choose a product we sell and do a review of it. What you thought of it, compare it to other similar products, pros/cons, etc!
    Example

The best / worthy reviewers will receive a sample kit for your efforts.....and will have the pleasure of doing another write up! :P

Please dont enter just to get a few free products! If you aren't willing to do the review/write up, please dont take the opportunity away from someone who will!
    As honest feedback from other people, is better than me saying that product X, Y & Z are excellent!

The kit contains:

100ml Ambush SuperFoam
    50ml Retaliate Wheel Cleaner
    50ml 20:20 Glass Cleaner
    50ml Fortress Liquid Polish
    50ml Precision Interior Dressing
    50ml Berry Bomb Air Freshener
    15ml Pentawax
    10ml Cammo Wet Look Tyre Dressing

A few other goodies; microfiber cloth, foam applicator and sticker.

Thanks for looking!
    Dave

BMWHaus Guru

RE: *Wanted* 50Cal Product Reviewers

eeehhh hemmmmm...................

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    @[Chrispyfish] Dave said you can review the products but it has to be on my e36 , isn't that right @[Curran]

Administrator

That sounds nasty Chris...here; have one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    @[Chrispyfish] Dave said you can review the products but it has to be on my e36 , isn't that right @[Curran]
    LOL, you're some man for the arm twisting - he's in retirement! :P

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Curran
    That sounds nasty Chris...here; have one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    LOL, you're some man for the arm twisting - he's in retirement! :P
    I never said I was paying! This is purely to promote scientific research!

eeeeeheeeemmmmmm!!!!!! cough cough

Let me start by saying i have no loyalty to Strepsils, a Friend of mine who at the time had the same type cough as mine recommended i try some.
    I was a bit put off at first, i was of the belief that Strepsils were for Girls, A real man would require something much stronger like Petrol or LPG and for really stubborn deep down chesty Coughs id use something like kerosene or Green daysul. Works a treat and doesn't stain your teeth too much.

Any way off to the centra i went, asked my good friend Abu who has worked there for years location of his medicine department, which he said was down the 2nd isle on the right hand side.
    To my surprise i found there was 5 flavor's and after much deliberation i decided to purchase a box of Orange flavored Strepsils.
    ( As a child i loved Kia Ora Orange so thought why not)
    At first i was a bit shocked at the taste, a sour stingy sensation was first experienced followed by a warm whiskey like felling in my chest, orange wasn't at first recognized and i was almost bringing the box back. After 5 Min's of solid sucking i finally got a gooey orange centre and within 6 minutes the lozenge was gone.
    My cough never went away, i resorted to Green daysul 4 days later and the box of orange strepsils now sit in the Glove box half melted.

If you are 'like me' a real man i would not recommend the use of strepsils for coughs stick with LPG or daysul.

Hope this helps

Now give me the freebie so i can clean me car.

BMWHaus Guru

What kind of sample kits did they give you Dave?

Administrator

They dont contain reading glasses anyways!! :P

Probably the best thing to do would be to give a kit to someone who's just picked up a car that may not have been enthusiast owned so would not have been detailed or cleaned properly. Gives the products the best chance of showing what they can do as most of our cars would already be in good shape from using other products.

Sent from my Telegraph machine using Morse Code

Administrator

I agree Ger. On Detailing World a lot of people doing reviews would do it on a mates car or one that hasnt had a lot of care so products are tested to their full potential.

Ideally the reviewer would also have some experience with other products so they are able to compare. If someone hasn't used a fallout remover before how will they know how good the one they are testing is.