Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [wanted] android phone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[wanted] android phone

kid smashed the iphone and waiting 7-10 days for insurance so need something to keep in contact with the world for a few days.
    anyone got something they would like to move on?

something like an S3 etc

BMWHaus Guru

RE: [wanted] android phone

Have an IPhone4 think its locked to Vodafone, screen is cracked and so is the back but if you just need it for a few days you can use it and drop it back

cheers for the offer Chris, we're on o2 and 3 unfortunately, otherwise that would have been perfect

BMWHaus Guru

Your more then welcome to try it Alan if your stuck, I bought it as a Vodafone phone but could be unlocked for all I know

Have another one there too but its meteor :huh:

BMWHaus Guru

Alan, you mention Android in the thread title but are talking about iPhone in the thread...which are you after :huh:

Looking for an android to fill until the iphone is repaired and then keep as aspare.
    Second hand iPhones are too expensive to keep as a spare

BMWHaus Guru

Not sure how much you want to spend or if you want something second hand, but the Motorola Moto G is a great little Android phone. You can get it unlocked via eBay for €3, cheaper online to purchase from UK than in store here but if your stuck you can't wait I guess.

How would it compare with something like a second hand s3?

Max to spend would be about 150, after that ill have myself convinced to buy an s5

BMWHaus Guru

I think the Moto G goes for around 150 here you can get cheaper online. There is a new version either coming or just out with 4G and an SD card slot. It runs the latest Android software and is getting the latest kitkat updates I think the S3 would be a little behind.

You can compare them on gsmarena and also check the reviews of the Moto G. I own one myself as does my daughter, her boyfriend and his dad. Really a decent phone for the price.

BMWHaus Contributor

Cracking phone all together. Or you can get the new moto e that just came out. It's literally the epitome of back up phone that's really good quality. Retails about 100 on Amazon. Literally wouldn't bother with the iPhone no offence but it's money for old rope.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk