Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 325ci Modding Help??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

325ci Modding Help??

So my mate has a mint clean low milage 325ci that has been off the road a few years and instead of selling and not getting alot for it he has decided to do a little modding to it and asked me to do a list for him..

So its a black standard car no mods at all so i was thinking going the same type of route i did with my old E46 M3 with

Smoked Depos
    Smoked Rear LEDs
    Smoked Sides
    Black Front Grills

Looking at alloys im not sure what to do? What goes best on these cars?? CSL Reps or what??

If anyone has any advice on these parts or even alloys or an exhaust lying around he would be interested..

Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

RE: 325ci Modding Help??

Standard with a small drop, refurb wheels and full detail. No need for tack imo

BMWHaus Guru

325ci Modding Help??

What Chris said ^^^

So many heaps around that when you see a really well looked after example it really stands out.

Yea i actually tend to agree with ye but he kinda has his mind set on the kinda look my old M3 had... Would save him alot of money just doing that too..

Its also getting a full detail anyway..

BMWHaus Guru

Yeah, would echo the lads comments, so many chavved out E46s on the roads now, rare to see a nice standard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    Yeah, would echo the lads comments, so many chavved out E46s on the roads now, rare to see a nice standard one.
    I'm a bit older than most of ye on here, but could u please elaborate on this (chavved look) in my book it's everyone 2 their own!

BMWHaus Guru

Tarted up i s'pose. Absolutely each to their own, but when asking for opinions, you'll get opinions.

Not sure about csl reps but to be honest a lot rep wheels are better quality than many of BMW's OEM alloys, if he does go ahead with csl reps he should go with 19 to pull of csl's but ride will be affected for sure. Maybe some nice refurbed oem 18's or something depending on budget, look for cracks if buying BMW OEM's. Personal opinion on smoked front indicators I never liked them but they look okeish. Goodluck with it.

The front of them do look very dated though without the xenon lights and the bad orange indicators... I have not put a whole lot of thought in it really as i said he is trying to base it on my old car..

The rear LED's i think are a great mod.. What about just lower it and spacers?? Do spacers work on a 325?? I know on all M3's the wheels are lost in the arches..

Serviced and suspension overhaul.
    Detail the paint.
    Pressed plates.
    Fresh set of staggered 19s.
    Lowered for stance, not dropped to the floor.
    Spacers as appropriate.
    Rear lip spoiler - is it an SE or M Sport?
    Freshen up the headlights.
    Rear OEM LEDs - not the cheap ying yang versions with broken LEDs and condensation.

Load it up with tax, test and juice, enjoy it.

It doesn't even need the likes of an Eisenmann if on a budget - sounds super out of the box!