Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car parking "dispute"

RE: car parking "dispute"

Buy a cheapest car out there and just park it there.Then not use it at all.:hehe!:

If all else fails I'll park a caravan and move in for a few days

BMWHaus Contributor

Btw you can't stop paying the rent, so don't listen to any of that nonsense advise. No offence to anyone that gave it but legally speaking that is not an avenue you can pursue. Speak to threshold about this, they are best placed to get it sorted. Realistically it may end up with landlord having to install a post on the space to prevent this happening. That said do not stop paying rent it puts you in the wrong and will not stack up should the landlord wish to pursue it. Threshold is best suited to advise

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by listermint
    Btw you can't stop paying the rent, so don't listen to any of that nonsense advise. No offence to anyone that gave it but legally speaking that is not an avenue you can pursue. Speak to threshold about this, they are best placed to get it sorted. Realistically it may end up with landlord having to install a post on the space to prevent this happening. That said do not stop paying rent it puts you in the wrong and will not stack up should the landlord wish to pursue it. Threshold is best suited to advise

While you are 100% correct, not paying rent will put you in the wrong, but in my experience it gets a particular situation resolved the quickest. I'm not talking about refusing to pay, just holding back payment until situation is solved. I've done it before and worked the treat. It was a last resort though, after giving the landlord sufficient time rectify the problem.

EDIT: By the way its a serious headache for a landlord if a tenant refuses to pay rent, very difficult legal route for them to pursue the way tenant laws are in Ireland. Took a mate of mine three years to get someone legally evicted from his property who was living rent free!!

BMWHaus Contributor

It's not the approach I would advise anyone. Regardless if it worked or not. Ask advice from someone with expertise that is threshold.

Thanks lads but its a license not a landlord / lease as far as I know and not covered by threshold or prtb. It's more like a utility bill. Small claims court is where we'll get it resolved. We'll keep paying fees until judgement and then expect a refund/judgement for services not provided

We're speaking with the consumer agency about it.