Folks,

Just wanted to post up a quick review that someone did of the 50Cal Detailing Products.
I feel its better that you get someone else opinion, rather than it coming from me, who you might think am just saying products are good for a sale....as most of you know, when Detailing Shed started out, Chris & I, wanted to supply products that work!! And nothing has changed!!

So Dave asked me to review a new range of products he got in, and the car needed a wash anyway (well it didnt need it, but I wanted to test my new c120.6 and the cloud cover was perfect for washing so went ahead). Hope this is okay mods.

I did however use CG Mr Pink as my shampoo as I used all the 50cal Ambush in the snow foam. I did as well use the Microfiber Madness Mitt and Drying towel.

WHO ARE THEY?

50cal is a new company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, consisting of three detailing afficionado's known according to their website http://www.50caldetailing.co.uk/ ‘The Detailer’, ‘The Chemist’ and ‘The Business’.

They officially opened their doors in 2013 but have been researching their product idea's for over 24 months and their hand made process is sure to inspire customers to purchase their products over a heavy manufacturing brand that probably dont have the same quality of detail that these guys have put into their products.

WHAT IS A WAXYBOX?

It's a small box that I was given to test by Dave Curran of Detailing Shed http://www.detailingshed.com/. It contained:
100ml Ambush SuperFoam
50ml Retaliate Wheel Cleaner
50ml 20:20 Glass Cleaner
50ml Fortress Liquid Polish
50ml Precision Interior Dressing
50ml Berry Bomb Air Freshener
15ml Pentawax
10ml Cammo Wet Look Tyre Dressing
Microfiber cloth,
Foam applicator
50cal sticker and Information card.

[img]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l629/mc_love/IMG_20140701_162213_zpsudf4ezu2.jpg
[/img]

I was like a small kid at christmas time opening a box of wonderful supplies, and the most appealing thing, the various fragrances that I will probably talk about further on, as this while not the most important thing in detailing, certainly helps!

AMBUSH SNOWFOAM

Brown in colour (although 50cal are working on letting you choose what colour it comes in) and smelling like bubblegum - you'd be forgiven that thinking this is some fancy cocktail but alas it isnt. What it is though is a super thick (depending on your mixture) foam that you would use with your snow foam lance. I was really impressed with the longevity of the foam and when I washed it off I was very surprised at how much it had actually done. Now while it says to leave it on for upwards of 30 mins, my car is relatively clean by irish standards so I only left it on for about 10 minutes, but even then I was surprised by the results

FORTRESS LIQUID POLISH

Although with the current bottle, you wont see the colour until it comes out but with the tester I was able to see that it was yellow in colour and you guessed it the fragrance was great, I later found out it was tutti frutti which is probably the best smelling car polish i have ever used, although I have only used AG SRP before. It is very easy to apply and only needs roughly 10-15 mins dwelling time which is roughly one lap around the car and then buff off. It gives a good shine that you would expect from any of the top brands so it is something I would consider buying again (in the full size).

20:20 GLASS CLEANER

With the glass cleaner, again you are greeted by a great smelling product, this time its red apple, the great thing being that is in no way overpowering and the neighbours kid's were over annoying me actually said they loved the smell too. The product gives a great shine on both internal and external windows, and you dont use a whole lot so I could see this lasting for a good while. I didnt notice any smearing left after I had cleaned the glass with and it also provides a great shine.

CAMMO TYRE DRESSING
Like another product of its type, this appears as a clear liquid, and using a microfiber applicator I applied it to the tyres. It does what it says on the tin and i'm hoping for good results as the website states it lasts for 2-3 weeks. I only applied one coat and it gives a good shine to the tyres.

PENTAWAX

The little silver tin I got included the wax from 50cal and even with it's small size, it was more than enough to cover the car. I know, I know, again the fragrance is amazing, in that it smells like cherry's and is pink in colour - I was half tempted to try some however I probably wouldnt be writing this right now. This has a dwell time of 10-15 mins but tbh I left it on a bit longer and it was still very easy to buff off the car. Thankfully it hasnt rained but I'm led to believe it has great beading characteristics.

PRECISION INTERIOR DRESSING
Smells great (bet you were waiting for that) this time its a mixed berry. Apply using a microfiber cloth to interior surfaces, and leave to dry for 1-2 mins and you are left with a glorious smelling dash or console area free of dirt and grime, and the product has protective UV qualities to it too.

BERRY BOMB AIR FRESHENER
Although only available in the waxybox kit - this is a refreshing fragrance for a car freshener and following in the steps of CG, this will be on my wishlist of fragrances once it makes it to production.

The only product I was unable to use was the Retaliation wheel cleaner, but I guess you have all seen Dave's review of that and he had the dirty wheels to clean it. The Ambush snow foam clearly took care of my dusty wheels.

All in all, the 50cal range is great - I'd give it 9/10 only for the reason being I havent been able to test the longevity of some of the products. If they hold up like they should, they will be getting the full marks.

Thanks to Eoin for taking the time to use the products, take the pictures and review each product!!
Source

Thanks for looking!
Dave