Thread: MAS Performance??

MAS Performance??

Anyone ever used these on any of there cars?? I hear they are very big on the VAG scene over here and looking for a few reviews on them..

The reason i ask is because i just found out that a local garage that do a remap from them and have done loads of diesels and i see on their facebook page they recently remapped a stock E92 M3 and got 15HP ( No proof )..

I need a map pretty badly on my car at the mo cause the cold start with the new system is too loud and i want that deleted and the Engine Management light is on cause i have gotten rid of the OEM cats.. Also with the system i have on the car i should get 40 to 50hp over stock and 30 ft lb..

Now i know Evolve in the UK are the best out there and i loved their map on my last car but this is local and handy for me and all i have heard are good reviews and a bonus that its 1/4 of the price..

The car will be on the Dyno before and after the map so ill be able to see the results of the map and also its a custom map as i sent my map thats on the car now over to him yesterday..

Cheers

BMWHaus Guru

MAS Performance??

If it's just a generic map I doubt the map will sort out the primary cat delete. And you will also need to code out the secondary air pump feature which causes it to be so "loud" on initial cold start.

Speak to Martin in Autoremap as he's an Evolve dealer so could more than likely sort ya out!

BMWHaus Guru

MAS Performance??

Evolve also do a remote unit that they can send you to upload the map yourself

BMWHaus Guru

RE: MAS Performance??

Personally i wouldnt shop around for mapping based on price especially with an e92 M3 you be mad.

Martin is reasonable and worth a call he might even know the lads there and give you more info on them.

Its 1k for a map off Evolve which is think is madness really... Most of the drift cars around here are mapped by them also and there running up to 500 bhp easy..

Now im no expert on this but im told the reason i has to send over the map of my car is so he can make up a map for my car so to me this is then not a generic map but a map they he will tweek to fit my car and system??

BMWHaus Guru

MAS Performance??

Quote Originally Posted by oo7m3
    Its 1k for a map off Evolve which is think is madness really... Most of the drift cars around here are mapped by them also and there running up to 500 bhp easy..

Now im no expert on this but im told the reason i has to send over the map of my car is so he can make up a map for my car so to me this is then not a generic map but a map they he will tweek to fit my car and system??
    Yeah it's a lot of wedge alright, won't deny that but your driving an M3, not a ricer

But yeah if they can do it they why not but it's if or when things go pear shaped then that's when you'll find out how good they are!

I know Evolve are the best in the business but for another company that is doing maps even longer only there just not doing them specifically for BMW i cant really see the problem...

I think people and myself included think more money is better product and i cant imagine a company like this doing me up at map and not really knowing what there doing...

I cant wait to get the before and after Dyno chart and compare it to the Evolve one..