Thread: Makita Cordless Drill - anyone got one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Makita Cordless Drill - anyone got one?

Hi, the battery on my Makita drill has died & the charger is blinking red & green meaning that it thinks the battery is no longer useful.
    I bought 2 more on EBay, new ones, they even look new. However these won't charge either.
    There is a memory chip in the battery that is run off the first cell incide the batteyr case. Apparently if the batteries are not charged then this cell will drain down & the memory chip is no longer powered. After three attempts to charge I have read that it just shuts down tha ability to charge the battery.
    I would like to double check that it is not my charger.
    If anyone has this drill with these batteries & could help me provie it out it would be great (Cork or Dublin)

drill.jpg
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

BMWHaus Guru

Makita Cordless Drill - anyone got one?

Think rob had these mark?

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Makita Cordless Drill - anyone got one?

There's a few places around that repair batteries, might be able to get the three done, hop on the Google

BMWHaus Contributor

Sorry I do not have a Makita drill only Ryobi.

If you can send the battery's back for a refund these were on sale in b&q the other day 18v €120 promotion runs till 20th july iirc they had makita and dewalt both at very good money

BMWHaus Guru

A bit of research showed that my charger was faulty but it was acting as if the batteries were faulty!
    There are two small fuses internally winthin the charger. I did a buzz test on both & found one of them to be blown. I soldered in a 5A car fuse (to replace the 5A fuse that was there). Hey presto, it all works now & Ihave three working batteries!
    Thanks for the replies.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S