Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
If you like beside a public amenity there's a huge downside: the public will come and use it and probably ruin it in the process. Living in an area doesn't mean you own the area.
Thing is though - its not a public amenity like a beach, its a privately owned sports stadium subject to planning laws.
I was more comparing what happens in Croke park on a weekly basis when the crowds are on the way to or from matches, with people pissing in gateways etc. I'd say during the matches it's relatively quiet. It's the same on the beaches, when the crows get to the beach it's grand. The chaos is caused on the way to or from the beach. Maybe that's just how people act in crowds.

Regardless Aitken's comments this morning say everything about the man imo -

“You presume you’re going to get the license. They did tell us that it was a big ask to get the five shows. But I never got the inclination that five would have been too much.”
So he never got the inclination there would be an issue, despite being told it was a big ask?
Then this is just a farce. I hadn't seen that comment before.

Brooks threw his toys out of the pram, and admitted as much in saying the 5 shows or nothing was a heat of the moment thing. He then dug the heels in and refused to back down on this. Most embarassing thing about the whole debacle is that its headline news, there are far more important things going on in the world.
Agreed, too many egos got involved in this and they all wanted their view to prevail.
You are right about the disproportionate coverage this is getting both in the media but also politically, a disgrace all round.