Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e36 coilovers

BMWHaus Guru

e36 coilovers

e36 coilovers what are yous all using?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: e36 coilovers

if u want to buy and forget about them ,and have car more than 6 month buy BC coilovers !end of story !!

BMWHaus Guru

any idea on price of them?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    any idea on price of them?
    Round about 1k, I went with mid range HSD dualtechs because I'm never going to track the car, no issues so far and were 700.

Bc' are around £700

Apex rdx £500 http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360868841912?nav=SEARCH

Bluelines are quite popular amongst e36 users is well having driven a car fitted with them from athlone to dublin(backroads + motorway) i must say i was very impressed cant comment on how long they last as they are only in the car a few months but if going for budget coilovers thats what id go for

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

BC could be about 800-900e ,if U want to go ahead i can get u price :wink:

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

and again and forever , budget is budget and will never be close to good stuff

BMWHaus Guru

Would deffo agree against getting budget coilovers if you can, you might as well do it once and do it right. When I was getting my HSD's there was a difference of 300 between them and the BC's at the time, I didn't think it was necessary to be honest. At the time BCs were coming in at 1k and the HSDs a shade over 700. A good few people on the site use BC's and they all have good things to say about them.

I went with HSD's because I had the monopros on a previous car that had over 60k miles on them before I sold it and were still going strong, and I wanted to get a similar ride in the E36. They get very good reviews, popular on jap cars and imo are a good midrange coilover. If you come to a meet I'm sure people wont mind you having a little spin in their cars to help you make a choice, myself included.

BMWHaus Guru

The e36 was done at low cost at the start, but really would love to change to BCs the Vmaxx are ok but they are harsh with the helpers out etc have driven an e46 with BCs and the drive was smooth and comfortable at the lowest setting.

BMWHaus Guru

might save up a bit more and go for bc's or yellow speeds. they have exact same spec and had yellow speed in my last car and lovely them.