Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Air Intakes/Induction Kits

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Cold Air Intakes/Induction Kits

Yeah figure that after a bit of research the last couple of hours, they whole kit isnt rocket science, just a larger cone filter with heat shield. Hmm debating it now, the Gen II's are about 170, its either that or a BBTB at the moment

No eisenman for me, I just want a really good condition evo exhaust with manifolds. Probably harder to come by

Sound wise (cause I'm starting to think thats all it is really) is there a big difference over the standard airbox?

BMWHaus Guru

Decided to scratch the BBTB for the moment, bought a gen II K&N just there. Bit of a spur of the moment decision, hope I dont regret it

BMWHaus Guru

There's definitely a difference over 3k revs or so when pushing on.

With the K&N be careful when oiling the filter, too much apparently isn't good for the MAF

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don B
    There's definitely a difference over 3k revs or so when pushing on.

With the K&N be careful when oiling the filter, too much apparently isn't good for the MAF
    Thanks, yeah i read the oil can evaporate and reduce the lifespan of the MAF, hope it makes a difference, even a nice induction noisy difference

BMWHaus Guru

Cold Air Intakes/Induction Kits

I can't see heat soak being a huge issue on most petrol BMWs as the filter and exhaust are generally far enough on opposite sides.
    I stand to be corrected though.