Thread: Build Date

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Build Date

Hi lads,

Quick question, when I'm ordering parts for the car the date of them changes, as in pre build date 08/1995 and post. My car is build date 08/1995 so I'm a bit confused. Would I be correct in assuming that these dates are pre and post facelift? And my car is pre-facelift so I would order pre 08/1995?

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Build Date

Think you could be spot on with you being pre 08/95 you must be one of the last of the PFL e36's

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    Think you could be spot on with you being pre 08/95 you must be one of the last of the PFL e36's
    Nice one cheers chris, just want to confirm before I got a few parts One of first few 328i's as well I reckon

BMWHaus Guru

@[Andy] or @[Bayerische] might be able to give you a better answer for either...Them anoraks :P

BMWHaus Guru

What Chris said

BMWHaus Guru

Having a 95 myself I agree it gets messy in an Autofactors it's always confusing for them , always have to state the month and year and that it was the cross over year. PITA :hehe!:

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    Having a 95 myself I agree it gets messy in an Autofactors it's always confusing for them , always have to state the month and year and that it was the cross over year. PITA :hehe!:
    Especially when the crossover took place the month the car was manufactured

BMWHaus Guru

Build Date

As yours is the pre face lift then yes order pre August '95 for parts. Thing to remember is though the 328i was only introduced so be careful with mechanicals that they definitely give you 328i parts.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

It was only a year or so ago that I reailsed it pre facelift / facelift wasn't so clear cut, that there was pre facelift m3 evos / 328s and so on... Very confusing indeed! Always thought facelift meant the new engines / drivetrain as well as the grills indicators etc

My e36 was like this when ordering parts online it was a may 99 build and the sites would constantly steer me toward e46 parts they even rang me one day before shipping an order to confirm it was actually an e36 in the end i just entered details manually and put it down as a 98