Thread: 2007 BMW 320d MSPORT

2007 BMW 320d MSPORT

Hi guys,

I was just looking for a bit of advice here! Does anyone know this car!? I was just wondering if there is any horror stories floating around about it before I go to take a look!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-bmw-320d-m-sport-coupe/6628750

All your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Philip.

BMWHaus Contributor

2007 BMW 320d MSPORT

It's been for sale for about 3 months I'd say. He wanted me to give cash with my 320d saloon for his but then one day never wrote back or answered the phone so never got to see the car.
    I'd be careful looking at it as it's reasonably priced and should be long gone off done deal if it's a good car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 2007 BMW 320d MSPORT

Quote Originally Posted by ian.j
    It's been for sale for about 3 months I'd say. He wanted me to give cash with my 320d saloon for his but then one day never wrote back or answered the phone so never got to see the car.
    I'd be careful looking at it as it's reasonably priced and should be long gone off done deal if it's a good car.

Anything over 100k miles and Paddy Irish man has a heart attack. Might have something to do with it? Looks good from the ad. Wouldn't mind a look at it myself!

BMWHaus Contributor

2007 BMW 320d MSPORT

Not me ha. Mine had 147,000 and drove great, passed the nct first time and everything.

BMWHaus Contributor

He's also selling an 06 5 series aswell. I'd say he could be a bit of a part time car trader aswell

Thanks for the reply lads! I'm heading up his way Friday evening to take a look....

Would I be right in saying these cars are fairly reliable as long as they have been maintained properly etc!

What should I be looking out for on this fella! Timing chain noise for one!

Cheers again

BMWHaus Contributor

Timing chain, check for rattles.
    Breather filter replaced at least twice on that mileage.
    DSC unit goes on them all at some stage.
    There's been 4 E90's in my family, and all 4 have gone!
    DPF removed and mapped by BMW, never heard of this service?
    What's going to happen when the mandatory DPF test comes in like the current situation in the Uk?

BMWHaus Contributor

DFP removed and mapped by BMW?? there is a strong whiff of horseshit off that statement... Id definitely be checking that out, he said it cost 600 quid so id be looking for a receipt to see exactly what was done...

Also I can never understand why people blank out the registration of the car? It sets the alarm bells off in my head...

Philly, the lads have nit the nail on the head in the previous 2 replies. BMW do not offer a DPF removal & mapping service to overcome to removal, and for €600 the seller is either a) gullible or b) a trader pulling the wool over a buyers eyes IMO.

BMWHaus Guru

Dunno about the DPF or anything like that, but the asking price is too high for the miles imo..
    I'd have thought looking for €10k and getting €8k or €9k would be realistic.