Thread: Thanks to site member xworks.

BMWHaus Guru

Thanks to site member xworks.

Many thanks to site member @[xworks].

My 87 E30 325i convertible cut out and left me stranded at the side of the road. I suspected something simple like a fuel pump, but the problem proved a lot more difficult to solve.

After speaking with @[Chrispyfish] about the car, he suggested that I contact xworks as he a lot of experience working on E30's. I gave xworks a call, and although I have never met him before, he went out of his way putting in a few hours on the car helping to diagnose the problem. He then sourced a working second hand ECU for the car at a fraction of the price of a new unit.

I should also point out that xworks has a regular day job like the rest of us and was helping me out in his free time.

xworks was a total gent to deal with and very generous with his time and extensive knowledge.

What a great BMW community we have.

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Thanks to site member xworks.

That's great to hear. There are such decent helpful people out there, and it certainly is a fantastic little community we have here

Another example of why I love car forums. Nice one xworks!

I'm delighted I was able to help in a small way, I'd do anything I can to help
    keep an e30 on the road, but the big Russian was the real brains behind the
    operation. Valdelis was one step ahead of me all the way.

Administrator

Similar to how Healy helped out Mrs JohnH......great to see the strong community spirit!!

Fair play xworks, Chris & Valdas!!

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by xworks
    I'm delighted I was able to help in a small way, I'd do anything I can to help
    keep an e30 on the road, but the big Russian was the real brains behind the
    operation. Valdelis was one step ahead of me all the way.
    Even smallest help-push or another clever idea can change the world all over the place :wink: Thanks for Your time !!

BMWHaus Guru

Not forgetting Valdas either (who I have thanked in his feedback thread) who put in a lot of time and effort on the car.

The diagnosis was made much more difficult when the first second hand ECU that was sourced was faulty, forcing the lads back to square one and investigating other sensors and components.

Proof again if ever it is needed that two heads are better than one when solving problems.

After a lot of head scratching later the car is running great, Thanks again guys.

BMWHaus Guru

Glad you got sorted Nick, fair play to Brian and Valdas for getting it sorted, great to see some community spirit about the place