Thread: Is the bmw owner finallly due a break ?

Is the bmw owner finallly due a break ?

Sitting here and just thinking in 5 years time e30's e34's late e24's and nearly very early e31's (2 yrs more) will all reach classic tax status

At the same time 330/335i's and 335d/535d's will be in a much greater reach to everyone and also all on cheaper tax

So im wondering will we finally get a break after been punished for years with heavy motor tax costs or do you think the government will also see this coming and shag us all over once again

Thoughts ?

RE: Is the bmw owner finallly due a break ?

Emissions based tax is going to get increases year on year for over the next 3 years. It'll never be the extortion of CC based pricing, but still, not what all the 08 brigade signed up for initially.

To sum it up in a picture..

BMWHaus Guru

They will change the rule soon enough as too many cars will fall into the €56pa bracket.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    They will change the rule soon enough as too many cars will fall into the €56pa bracket.
    That's my thinking too, when cars from the "modern" era start reaching classic classification i think it will change. They are too easy to live with as daily drivers.

Re: RE: Is the bmw owner finallly due a break ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispyfish
    That's my thinking too, when cars from the "modern" era start reaching classic classification i think it will change. They are too easy to live with as daily drivers.
    But 20 years ago the classics now would have been classed as modern too and been daily drivers , by todays standards classic bmws aren't really that easy to live with we have cars now that have really long service intervals longer warrantys and do 120mpg

It will be very interesting to see how exactly it plays out

BMWHaus Guru

I don't think that your average Joe and his family would be happy in a 30 year old daily driver.

I think that car enthusiasts will continue to take advantage of this rule and we are relatively few in number on the grand scheme.

My guess is that it will stay the same but I have been wrong before.