Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seal problems.?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Seal problems.?

Tipping away today on the e36 and went to change the plugs and seems to be a lot of oil on plugs 1-3 and plug 4 is bone dry.? Is this the seal in need of a change or is it worse.?

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Seal problems.?

Rocker cover gasket. Make sure to get the figure 8 gaskets on he inside too, thats you main issue there

BMWHaus Guru

Should be the rocker cover/plug/bolt seals. Just replaced mine at 100k, good to get it done. I think (not 100%) it's 39 euro for the gasket set

BMWHaus Contributor

Seal problems.?

Thanks lads anything else that I should do while I'm at it.?

BMWHaus Guru

What engine is it?

BMWHaus Contributor

Seal problems.?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36
    What engine is it?
    318is.. In process of lookin at a m50 so don't want to put to much into it if I go for the swap

BMWHaus Guru

I was just going to say to remove any carbon build up you may find under the rocker cover as the M44s have injectors that spray oil on the cams and they can get blocked by it.

I'm no expert in anyway by the way, just relaying what the more knowledgeable folks' have advised

On a side note, fantastic wheels you picked up there. Are they the Azevs that were for sale on dd/adverts very recently?

BMWHaus Contributor

I was just going to say to remove any carbon build up you may find under the rocker cover as the M44s have injectors that spray oil on the cams and they can get blocked by it.

I'm no expert in anyway by the way, just relaying what the more knowledgeable folks' have advised

On a side note, fantastic wheels you picked up there. Are they the Azevs that were for sale on dd/adverts very recently?
    Thanks man I'll do that so while I'm going at it get it all done in the one go :wink: am yeah the Azevs are nice I was mad for a set of them since I picked up the e36. Yeah a lad here in Kerry had them on dd about a month r 2 ago.? Kinda new him so I got him to hang onto them until I had the spare cash

BMWHaus Guru

Yea I was a little late when I contacted him

Got sorted with a set of style 5s though so happy out

You should get a thread up on your car, plenty of love for e36s on here anyway!

BMWHaus Contributor

Yea I was a little late when I contacted him

Got sorted with a set of style 5s though so happy out

You should get a thread up on your car, plenty of love for e36s on here anyway!
    Yeahh I must have a proper look at this like I'm not the best with these things computers and all This ain't my best ha. This is my first e36 like and I fell in love straight away man, should have it on the road in a week or two all going well