Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Classic car insurance

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    Thats a shout. Gonna explore that.
    I rang first Ireland, my current underwriter doesn't do 3rd party extensions... Liberty want the other car to be insured as well. Go call FBD later.

Quote Originally Posted by ecooney View Post
    I have a fully comp extension policy with Arachas in Waterford. Great policy.

For the classic policies I was able to add cars from 15 years to my current policy with Autoline. For example only a couple of months ago I added the 2003 E46 325ti without any hassle.
    I will call Arachas, never heard of them. Isnt Autoline an english insurance?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    Isnt Autoline an english insurance?
    Based in Norn Iron but cover classics in the Republic - they don't do under 20yo cars though (unless it's added to an existing policy as already stated).

BTW - FBD have an optional extra Fully Comprehensive 3rd party extension available - think it was only c.€30 to add to my policy (I didn't go with it at the time, just the standard TPO extension)
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    Based in Norn Iron but cover classics in the Republic - they don't do under 20yo cars though (unless it's added to an existing policy as already stated).

BTW - FBD have an optional extra Fully Comprehensive 3rd party extension available - think it was only c.€30 to add to my policy (I didn't go with it at the time, just the standard TPO extension)
    Rang Autoline but they woudnt do it as car is not old enough. I guess also because new business.

FBD would not insure my daily driver coz is 04...

Go call the crowd in wexford. Worst case I can do temporary transfer for a day with first ireland.

Is Autoline still writing new policies in Republic post Brexit?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-909 View Post
    I bloody well hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-909 View Post
    The policies have always been underwritten by Allianz Ireland - don't see any immediate impact from Brexit, but will depend on what sort of trade deal comes through with regards to non EU companies being allowed to sell EU insurance policies.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    Co-incidentally FBD are offering €100 cashback for policy holders doing 5,200km's or less per annum - just signed up for it myself last week with my main car renewal - https://www.fbd.ie/low-mileage/
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

Need to bump this thread. Managed to get a good quote for my 1998 E39 with first Ireland but they are looking for a classic car club membership number. Does anyone know if being a member of bmwhaus count?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kaveman View Post
    Need to bump this thread. Managed to get a good quote for my 1998 E39 with first Ireland but they are looking for a classic car club membership number. Does anyone know if being a member of bmwhaus count?
    You are member 190 of this club. This worked for me before through Autoline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds good to me. Thanks Dave