Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Classic car insurance

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    I don't know of any insurance companies who will allow you to do a temporary transfer onto a car you own yourself. And a back-forth permanent transfer will get expensive. You might be better off going through Chubb or something and get fleet insurance.
    I cant find a listed phone number for Chubb anywher online... their site is a mess

BMWHaus Guru
    The shinners do have the ability to surprise me, but I'm not sure that someone struggling to insure his fleet of BMW's is the sort of cause they'll take up. Not unless theres a lot of votes in it of course.
    . Classic.....
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMo View Post
    I cant find a listed phone number for Chubb anywher online... their site is a mess
    Afaik you need to go through a broker. I wouldn’t hold out much hope. They will do a fleet policy not really individual cars. Plus they expect you to have a high end everyday car. I looked at them before I went with First Ireland.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Afaik you need to go through a broker. I wouldn’t hold out much hope. They will do a fleet policy not really individual cars. Plus they expect you to have a high end everyday car. I looked at them before I went with First Ireland.
    yea rang come broker and he said the quote wont be competitive...

BMWHaus Contributor
    The shinners do have the ability to surprise me, but I'm not sure that someone struggling to insure his fleet of BMW's is the sort of cause they'll take up. Not unless theres a lot of votes in it of course.
    If there are lots of votes in it that means the majority wants it and we elect politicians to execute the will of the majority.. if we to assume we leave in a democracy.

BMWHaus Guru
    If there are lots of votes in it that means the majority wants it and we elect politicians to execute the will of the majority.. if we to assume we leave in a democracy.
    I was being facetious, there won't be lots of votes in it, and you and your flash cars are the bourgeoisie as far as they're concerned.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I was being facetious, there won't be lots of votes in it, and you and your flash cars are the bourgeoisie as far as they're concerned.
    haha I d like to declare that I am a poor man with limited means who struggling to keep his 19 year old car on road. Once SF sorts everyone with a gaff we all be boujee then

BMWHaus Guru
    Otherwise..I ll have to pest them to move policy over to M3 everytime I am doing a track day just to drive to the place!!!
    Register the M3 to a partner, sibling, me or whatever and use the 3rd party extension on your current policy to drive the M3 to the track.

That's what I'm doing on the E39 currently the odd time I take it out - FBD are good with that once it's NCT'd & Taxed (which it is).
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    Register the M3 to a partner, sibling, me or whatever and use the 3rd party extension on your current policy to drive the M3 to the track.

That's what I'm doing on the E39 currently the odd time I take it out - FBD are good with that once it's NCT'd & Taxed (which it is).
    Thats a shout. Gonna explore that.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Thats a shout. Gonna explore that.
    I have a fully comp extension policy with Arachas in Waterford. Great policy.

For the classic policies I was able to add cars from 15 years to my current policy with Autoline. For example only a couple of months ago I added the 2003 E46 325ti without any hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk