Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic car insurance

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Policy now is you must have a 20 year old plus car before they will insure a 15 year old. As John said NCT is a must. Plus you must have a regular policy in your own name. They won't accept company cars any more as I found out earlier in the year, hence I moved to Autoline.

Ah remember the days when you could insure all sorts of crazy foreign reg plates with no questions, no nct. Not that I would have any direct experience with this of course
    Andy

Do you need the existing policy with autoline or just proof of current cover with current supplier? Would they cover a 15 year old car if I hold a vintage and regular policy with another company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Andy

Do you need the existing policy with autoline or just proof of current cover with current supplier? Would they cover a 15 year old car if I hold a vintage and regular policy with another company?

I just told them I had a company car, no proof asked for. Good chance they will quote for the 15 year old car without any other car on policy with them. Sure you could say you will consider moving your other car if they quote you.

BMWHaus Guru
    I just told them I had a company car, no proof asked for. Good chance they will quote for the 15 year old car without any other car on policy with them. Sure you could say you will consider moving your other car if they quote you.
    Interesting Andy thanks I'll put a call in and see.

Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Oh and they will insure a Porsche from 11 years old.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Andy

Sure buy Andy's e30, insure that and then insure the m3. Simples

BMWHaus Contributor
    This sounds good. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow as well.

BMWHaus Contributor
    So I rang Autoline yesterday and got a quote of €730 for classic cover on my 2002 M3. That's with a maximum 5000 miles a year. A bit higher than I expected but it's still cheaper than a standard policy and I do roughly that mileage anyway. They said it's more expensive as the car isn't that old.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by nige View Post
    Just bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. I rang around a few insurance companies today including First Ireland and none of them would quote me on my 2002 E46 M3. Has anyone recently got a classic policy on a 15 year old BMW? I have another car as a daily and it's insured in my name so no problem proving it's a second car.
    I tried a few places for classic and they all refused because its an M3 or not old enough.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Insurance is mind boggling in the country. Autoline covered me on an integrale last year but wouldn't cover me on a gsr lancer because I had penalty points. My points have now expired so I think I'll get on the hunt for some Japanese fun for the winter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    I just looked up Autoline and they seems to be a UK company. Do you they insure vehicles in Ireland? Wanna try to get classic cover. Also do you need a primary car?
    Last edited by SmokyMo; 24-08-17 at 10:51.