Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension for e36

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Suspension for e36

After good inspection of suspension of my car (shocks, springs) i decided to change all of them. i could still drive but when I have a chance why not to change now
    Was thinking about coilovers like, Jom TA
    and then I saw this:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/EIBACH-Sportfahrwerk-Pro-Kit-30mm-30mm-BMW-3er-E36-Limosine-320i-325i-325td-/271561840674?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Platform%3AE36&h ash=item3f3a58d822

what do you think, this would be ok ? I don't want to slam the car, as it's my daily, so I need to be able to drive over ramps and etc.

RE: Suspension for e36

I'd weld the old shocks up solid before I'd put in JOM. Deathtrap in the car I used with them. I'd go with the eibachs. If your car is a 4 cyl it will be firmer with 6 cyl suspension. I don't understand the add at all bar the name and cars its for. Is it a 30mm drop?

BMWHaus Guru

Suspension for e36

Jom's are grand not a death trap at all. Can have a spin in mine whenever ya want have been running them a long long time and no issues. Maximum bang for your buck.

BMWHaus Contributor

I agree with above.no issues even when slammed.did hear about a bad batch a while back.

BMWHaus Contributor

I had Fk before for a year and no.issues.as well. I want to drop the car but not very low

Eibach set - shocks plus springs -30mm that's the link I've put.

Re: Suspension for e36

Ive got jom bluelines in have had them In a few months now and I can't fault them have had no issues with them at all and the car is tight as a drum with them I drive a lot and take in mostly back roads so far so good

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

I've Joms on my car for the last 6 months, no problem whatsoever..
    Just a small bit stiffer than Eibach prokit imo.

I have jom's in my e36 for nearly 2 years now with no issues. I had FK first and after two weeks the front passenger side spring snapped and the rear driver side shock gave up so I replaced them with jom's and found them far more comfortable. The rear is abit soft for my liking but for €230 there a good quality coilover if all you want is to lower your car.

BMWHaus Guru

If your not slamming Kris what about some OE spec shocks and some Eibach springs? Found it the best drive when I had the e39, if I wasn't driving the e36 low its what I would go for 100%

Go OE spec set up be much better for your needs then some cheap coilovers, don't get me wrong here im not talking down of cheap coilovers but they serve a purpose of dropping the car low on a budget.

BMWHaus Contributor

Thanks guys for reply. I will go ahead with Joms coilovers, I will put car down not very very low but -30mm will be not enough. One shock I saw.today is leaking so I will need to attack this quick. On German eBay, with delivery Joms coilovers are around 180-220e. I will buy one today if I will have a chance.

I think e36 has to low haha. I will do the thread with my car tomorrow, s

Edit. Just got jom for 200e. :-)