Thread: 530 msport v sport

530 msport v sport

Hi all

New here. Was looking at a 2005 530d. I was looking for an msport. Can anyone tell me was there such a car as a 530d sport.. as in it looks like a msport but was a sport with all the msport bits. I know there was an se version also but it looks very plain

Thanks

Gerry

Re: RE: 530 msport v sport

Quote Originally Posted by gerry
    Hi all

New here. Was looking at a 2005 530d. I was looking for an msport. Can anyone tell me was there such a car as a 530d sport.. as in it looks like a msport but was a sport with all the msport bits. I know there was an se version also but it looks very plain

Thanks

Gerry
    Hi gerry welcome to the site

There is no difference between sport or msport on the previous generation of 5 series (the e39) it was just called a sport such as the 530i sport later on with the e60 they were called msport both terms are used very loosely by owners but both equal the same thing

So to sum up you could have a
    530d sport/msport or a 530d se another thing you will come across is se's that have a few sport bits added on by owners etc and then advertised as msports

A dead give away to know if a car was a genuine sport is to check the headlining it should be black and most people wont bother fitting them when putting sport bits onto there se's although to be truly certain you can check the vin or post the car here and we should know or not

I hope that clears it up a little better for you

RE: 530 msport v sport

Hi gar

Thanks for the info, when you say headling is that the roof cloth colour

RE: 530 msport v sport

Yep the roof cloth on se's its a cream colour on sports it will be black/antracite