Thread: BikeScooter for run around

BMWHaus Guru

BikeScooter for run around

Hi lads, I know its not car related but I'm thinking of getting a scooter or a small bike for a run around. I know some of ye are into bikes so may be able to help me.

Its specifically for getting to work, getting rode with traffic since I started the new job. I'm living about 7k away from work and have a choice between the quays or the north circular road, at the best of times it can take me 15-20 minutes, last friday it took me an hour and twenty to get home! :surprised: I'd be quicker walking at that rate!

A push bike isnt a great option as work has no showers and I dont want to be sitting in work in a shirt with a stink off me Plus a cheap bike is comparable to a half decent push bike anyways.

Can you still get a 50cc moped on a B licence? Had one for a couple of years about ten+ years ago so I dont know if things have changed

If I was to get a small bike, say a 125cc what steps would I need to take?

Which would you advise?

Can my NCB from the car be added/transferred over to bike insurance or do I start afresh?

Thanks

BMWHaus Guru

RE: BikeScooter for run around

125cc you'll need to do the bike licence (ibt course) 50cc should be on your licence just have a look first

BMWHaus Guru

RE: BikeScooter for run around

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    125cc you'll need to do the bike licence (ibt course) 50cc should be on your licence just have a look first
    Just read my licence there, M category is no longer on it, only W. :@ Does that mean I need a new (and different) licence to get M or can just say I want it added? Or does having a B licence automatically give the right to a M licence? Similar to a W licence?

If I need a new one (just to get M on it) do I have to sit a theory test?

BMWHaus Guru

BikeScooter for run around

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmister
    Don't have to do that ibt course if you previously had a bike provisional. or do the theory test....