Hi lads I currently drive a E46 323i (2000). It has 102000 miles it's in v good condition and it's getting some good TLC from me whenever I can. I'm building up a nice little service history with it so it's getting all the love I feel it deserves.

Iv no desire to get rid of it but I know some one who is selling a nice E39 525i M Sport (2002). There is a couple of things wrong with it, the fuel gauge isn't working it could be the gauge itself or the sender so not huge jobs, and it could do with a full loving service again not a big deal. So my question is would it be worth saying goodbye to the 323 and hello to the 525.

The price for the E39 is 1500. Now I know the person selling it so I know it hasn't been trashed they are selling it as they can't afford to run it.

Iv driven it before and it runs fine again like I said it needs a couple of things done to it but I'm just not too sure if it would be worth going from my own car that iv put TLC into already or should I start all over again with this E39.

I haven't seen the car in about a month so I might have my mind made up by the time I see it again which may be in a few days time but I figured I'd ask on here for some valued expert enthusiastic opinion.